Boat Parking Solution Needed (Concrete, pavers, permagrass, etc)

Looking for any businesses or individuals that have experience in solutions for boat driveways.  Tight spot on the side of the house that I currently park the boat but would like to make it a little easier on the clutch.  Located in Boca Raton.

Thanks!

Sippi 

Replies

• mike_smike_s Posts: 414 Deckhand
    How heavy of a boat?  I used marble chips under mine to get the tires off the raw ground.   
  • jpeter15jpeter15 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    I keep my Key West 186 on the side of my house in a tight spot. I bought a Trailer Valet (  on Amazon for about 300 bucks) to help put the boat to bed in a tight area. You can do 90 degree turns with this thing. I use sheets sheets of plywood to make it easier to roll on my grass. check it out on youtube.
  • SippiSippi Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    @jpeter15 - I like the idea.  I have some pavers I have put down as an immediate solution pass the gate. I am also contemplating putting a front hitch on my golf cart for ease but the trailer valet might be a better solution.

• SippiSippi Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    @mike_s - It is an 18 foot Hydrasport with t-top.  Not sure on the weight since we added the t-top a few years back.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,923 Admiral
    I'd make sure you check with the city before doing anything. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • russianbearrussianbear Palm Beach GardensPosts: 21 Greenhorn
    Front hitch is amazing. It's so easy to park trailer with it. I had it on all my vehicles since I have a boat 
  • b1gdog83b1gdog83 Posts: 126 Deckhand
    mike_s said:
    How heavy of a boat?  I used marble chips under mine to get the tires off the raw ground.   
    Why do you want to keep the tires off the raw ground?
  • mike_smike_s Posts: 414 Deckhand
    b1gdog83 said:
    mike_s said:
    Why do you want to keep the tires off the raw ground?
    They will settle into the ground and it will rot them.  On smaller boat probably not much of an issue on heavier one it doesn't help. At least from my experience.
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 793 Officer
    You have to keep tires dry, if in sand or grass they will dry rot quickly.  Keep tires on stepping stones, brick pavers or concrete.  I keep my boat in the water and store my trailer on a pair of rubber auto repair ramps.  I don't recommend doing that with a boat on the trailer.  I also bought cheap tire covers at Harbor Freight to keep the sun off of them.  I got 6 years out of my present tires.  
  • b1gdog83b1gdog83 Posts: 126 Deckhand
    You have to keep tires dry, if in sand or grass they will dry rot quickly.  Keep tires on stepping stones, brick pavers or concrete.  I keep my boat in the water and store my trailer on a pair of rubber auto repair ramps.  I don't recommend doing that with a boat on the trailer.  I also bought cheap tire covers at Harbor Freight to keep the sun off of them.  I got 6 years out of my present tires.  
    What about gravel?