Trout Regulation changes

I'm kinda surprised nobody here is talking about it...Since we here in the SE zone are taking the biggest set of proposed changes.

2 fish per day....15 - 20 inches...No fish over 20 inches
No change to commercial regulations.  
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,714 AG
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Bi0ticBi0tic Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    These changes probably should have occurred already. Trout fishing has been bleak compared to what it used to be for awhile now.
    Instagram: Bi0ticOutdoors
  • Flounderman3Flounderman3 Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Hopefully some of the guys can chyme in from where I am. I fish generally fish from Haulover Canal area(north end of the lagoon) all the way North to St. Augustine. Obviously over time things get worse but I don’t see these declines like you guys down south. I catch the same trout in the same spots I have for 25 years. Sure a few less now and then...but when I use croakers the big girls are there as well. I think honestly most of The issues start south of volusia county.  
  • jhdog13jhdog13 Posts: 231 Deckhand
    Have never seen the need to keep an overslot Trout.  Just killing the breeders, not good.  Was told on many occasions that the reason that I could not catch big Trout was that I did not know how to fish.  BTW biggest Trout in a tournament...9.91 # on artificial, released alive.  Release most everything that comes in the boat.  
  • Flounderman3Flounderman3 Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Duckman and jhdog.....I do have to take a moment and give props to both you. Not only do you guys consistently catch fish, you also post solid reports and release **** near everything you guys catch. Lost of guys on here blow smoke about this that and the other. But you two walk the walk...again props to you both! 
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,201 Officer
    It is another government thing - since they can't fix the problem (habitat, lagoon system), they reduce and restrict the fish take.  Why don't we all raise fish in an aquarium at home and then release them into the lagoon a couple of times each year?  Maybe that will bring them back...

Another nail in the coffin.
    Duckman and jhdog.....I do have to take a moment and give props to both you. Not only do you guys consistently catch fish, you also post solid reports and release **** near everything you guys catch. Lost of guys on here blow smoke about this that and the other. But you two walk the walk...again props to you both! 
    Thank you....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Rich M said:
    It is another government thing - since they can't fix the problem (habitat, lagoon system), they reduce and restrict the fish take.  Why don't we all raise fish in an aquarium at home and then release them into the lagoon a couple of times each year?  Maybe that will bring them back...

Well Rich, If you do not have the available money...or the political will to do the hard things....they will do the easy ones instead.

Can you even try and imagine the blow back if people had to face the taxes required to make the fix's? 
    Far easier to regulate than to do any real work for the fix... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,923 Admiral
    FWC can't order politicians to do their jobs.    All they can do is try and mitigate the damaged caused by them not doing their jobs.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,201 Officer
    duckmanJR said:
    Rich M said:

Well Rich, If you do not have the available money...or the political will to do the hard things....they will do the easy ones instead.

Can you even try and imagine the blow back if people had to face the taxes required to make the fix's? 
    Far easier to regulate than to do any real work for the fix... 
    So True.  Easy fix. 
  • Spangler1992Spangler1992 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Right now it is just a proposal. Hopefully it won’t get approved
    FWC kicked it back to the Bios to do more public meetings....

The only new Trout rules are in SW fla zone....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled