A slow start

So, Back at the end of February I caught my first slam of the year. I was not able to do much more than lots of trout and other assorted stuff for a couple weeks and then took a 3 week hiatus while I went out to Texas to see the grandkids. I got back home just in time for the epic hailstorm and the crap weather after it. Once back fishing the beginning of April again it was just trout and it was only the other day that I actually saw a redfish. That is disturbing. With each day getting warmer the number of snook in the mix was building though.

Finally, on Sunday I was able to catch a Redfish and put #2 in the books.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/v8DzlLAl.jpg[/img]

I'm not really focusing on slams since my pet New Yorker in the stern just likes "action".    Ladyfish and jacks are OK for him as long as we're busy fighting fish. I am getting a bit more mangrove time with all the crazy wind so the snook numbers rose and I'm hopeful some Reds will start showing up...otherwise it will be a long climb to #136 
Only 2 more weeks with my buddy Dave and then it will be a little more serious...but I looked at the numbers and I am way behind.
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies