ICW 4/8

Since basically all of NSB is all idle speed (due to the huge numbers of seacows, not the rich homeowners) Why not troll?  I put on a three oz trolling lead and 3 ft 40 lb mono leader,  dragged a clark spoon at five mph.  My wife reeled in everyone!   Took five home, released another half a dozen and some blues!  Fun time on light tackle.  

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,838 Captain
    Cool catch. Definitely something different. Were you closer to the inlet?

Theres so much traffic and quite a few of them drunk, I couldn't even imagine that area if you could get on a plane. It would be a death trap
  • Flounderman3Flounderman3 Posts: 162 Deckhand
    Great idea shoNuff! 
  • ShoNuffNoahShoNuffNoah Edgewater, FLPosts: 145 Deckhand
    Reel Teel- Sunday we caught a few from the inlet to the South Causeway, Monday we only fished between the South and North Causeways  (behind Bouchelle Island), there were three main spots where we would hook up each pass.    You will find them, just mark them and make several passes.  Traffic on the weekend is terrible, I avoid it if at all possible.  

Thanks Flounderman!
  • saltyreefersaltyreefer Posts: 244 Deckhand
    That's awesome! 
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,269 Captain
    Cute that you think the homeowners didn't have anything to do with it.
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
    Sailfish, I was being sarcastic.  I can't stand the fact that all of NSB is idle speed, it is all political and it drives me nuts!!!  Also drives me nuts, anyone of us can get a ticket for creating a little too much wake while trying to fight the current, but a 55' Viking can pass you running near full speed, and no one blinks an eye at them.  The only reason why we have some area where we can run wide open is because Whaler needs an area to test drive their boats.  I see manatees in the area where you can run wide open and yell at them to get back in the damned idle speed zone, but the keep saying they cant read the signs! :D
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,269 Captain
    lol

I missed that, my bad!
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    They'll also hit a silver rapala - I troll when in the no wake zones too. 

Rarely get up that far north anymore due to boat traffic.
    Went out today and struck out!  Windy as hell, outgoing tide, crap shrimp.  Threw back some undersized mangos, jack, small whiting, and sheephead.  Better than work, but not by much!  Snowbirds are heading north, watch out on the water!