FPI 4/6

Headed out at sunrise and found some solid weed patches at 90’ and figured that would be a good place to start. Messed around with bar jacks for about 15 minutes on live bait and went back to the game plan and started trolling. Made our way out to deeper water and got our first knockdown at 160’ for my buddy’s first mahi. We ended up with 4 solid mahi on the day, the biggest of which we caught on redfish tackle. We pitched a live bait to it when it swam up to the boat with our second fish of the day. All fish caught north of the inlet in 160-180 feet. Great day on the water!

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 723 Officer
    Those are some nice fish!!  I have friends coming in this week and will try to get them their first mshi as well.  Thanks for the report.   Quick question were you trolling ballyhoo?
  • fullyewrecked33fullyewrecked33 OrlandoPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    Garysmo said:
    Those are some nice fish!!  I have friends coming in this week and will try to get them their first mshi as well.  Thanks for the report.   Quick question were you trolling ballyhoo?
    Yes we got hit on a naked, a blue/white, and pink/white on the deep shotgun got hit twice
  • P91473P91473 Posts: 81 Greenhorn
    Nice fish
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,745 Captain
    Well done! Nice report.
  • RealdeepRealdeep Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Good job. Thanks for the report. 
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,055 Officer
    **** nice fish