Offshore Sunday?

tdogg85tdogg85 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
Anybody gonna try it this weekend?

Replies

• pat8839pat8839 Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    I'm looking at Saturday, but not sure what's biting now close in?  We typically stay inside 20 miles.
    Anyone know what's biting?
  • tdogg85tdogg85 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Ten four I’m looking to run to the ledge outta St. Mary’s. Who is going for Mahi?
  • Jon HadleyJon Hadley Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Thinking about going out of ponce looking for mahi.Or might run the beach looking for cobia. Any reports on either?
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 619 Officer
    edited April 4 #5
    A bunch of warm water got pushed in east of Elton in about 160 feet. The closer wrecks could be holding cobia. Heard guys were catching cobia on the beach down in Canaveral.
  • pat8839pat8839 Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Can you troll for cobia already ?Or still gotta find them on the bottom? 
  • SkurveSkurve Jacksonville, FLPosts: 8 Greenhorn
    Saturday we are heading out from Mayport to the stream for Mahi & Sails - bite should be good! According to Terrafin water is warming up nicely. 

Sunday we are hitching a ride out of St. Augustine to hit the wrecks for cobia. 

28ft Hydra Sport 

• Jus1moreJus1more Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Im down to go. I live in fernandina and am a very capable deckhand. ill pm you.
    Thanks guys, standby for the St. Mary’s report.
  • AltonAlton St AugustinePosts: 62 Greenhorn
    Waiting for that St.Marys and Mayport report. Good luck 
  • po28derpo28der Posts: 250 Deckhand
    I am heading out of Mayport. Staying close. Will try to give you a heads up tomorrow for the Sunday guys. 
  • Riptide31Riptide31 Posts: 478 Deckhand
    I heard weeds are heavy and scattered out of canaveral.   I wonder if weeds are bad out of ponce, st aug inside the ledge

• AltonAlton St AugustinePosts: 62 Greenhorn
    Hopefully some good mats are forming in the low to mid 70 degree water with this better weather. 
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,571 Captain
    It sure looked pretty from the beach today. I hope those who went, have some nice reports.
  • mrBigmrBig Mayport, FloridaPosts: 23 Greenhorn
    Headed tomorrow will post when I return home. Headed wahooing in the morning then getting on some dolphin 
    Good luck!
  • Riptide31Riptide31 Posts: 478 Deckhand
    I heard just scattered weeds and slow for the troll
  • Set_itSet_it JacksonvillePosts: 4 Greenhorn
    Cobia bite out of Mayport was good. Wen 4/5 by 12:30. Lost a 50 lb cobia boatside. Biggest was 48 lbs. Had three people on the boat, 2 cobia fishing, one bottom fishing.
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 118 Deckhand
    That’s a great day.  On the wrecks or did you find them on rays?
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.