Home Off Topic

Laurens County taking care of business

2»

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,974 AG
    Bimini is 16? I know he's depressed but I thought he was in his mid 20's.

Makes more sense knowing he's only 16.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    16 and a Half...I just went to his Bat miza thing..
    I'd be Mad for a long time if I had to double tap a Student , But I'd be mad at all the people that dropped the Ball and let this young person go this far over to the Dark Side..
    Force with Force if needed. School would have to fire me because I'd always be carrying...somewhere close.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    mplspug said:
    AC Man said:
    Find it hard to believe a teacher could shoot and kill a 15 year old depressed student even if he did have a gun. It would be something they had to live with the rest of their life and even though it might have been a bad kid if you were in their shoes I'm sure it still be upsetting to them.
    Those aren't the teachers who'd be carrying.  

Would you care to explain your comments a little further? That the teachers carrying would be so hardened that they would have no remorse over killing a 15 year old who had mental issues?
    Do you actually think you have to be hardened to want to live? In a flight or fight situation, your subconscious will make the decision for you.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,027 Moderator
    mplspug said:
    AC Man said:
    Find it hard to believe a teacher could shoot and kill a 15 year old depressed student even if he did have a gun. It would be something they had to live with the rest of their life and even though it might have been a bad kid if you were in their shoes I'm sure it still be upsetting to them.
    Those aren't the teachers who'd be carrying.  

Would you care to explain your comments a little further? That the teachers carrying would be so hardened that they would have no remorse over killing a 15 year old who had mental issues?
    Do you actually think you have to be hardened to want to live? In a flight or fight situation, your subconscious will make the decision for you.
    I'm not speaking of carrying out the act of killing someone. I'm speaking of the aftermath. The memory of killing someone, no matter the reason.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,343 Admiral
    The sign will be as much of a deterrent as all the teachers/staff carrying  a side arm on there side. The idea rely's on the teachers/staff keeping quiet about who is carrying even if none are. Kinda like a security sign in front of your house, whether you have a security system or not, it will deter some. Yes, I feel I could take someone's life to protect mine, family or Innocent people if left no other choice. God only knows what mental state I would be in after reality sunk in later. 
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    Him or Me..
    I'm not his Father and he's not listening..He's Reloading and 10 feet away..
    Don't think I take this lightly but at the end of the day..I'd rather Him have two in the Chest , And Not me...
    Killin and Grillin :grin