Offshore 3-25

mrBigmrBig Mayport, FloridaPosts: 31 Greenhorn
Went out on a friends boat geared for wahoo and Mahi. We Hishspeeded in the morning and picked up a 50 pounder and lost another. Quit by about 930 and headed deep for Mahi. Found a huge break in 700 feet and started working. Picked up 8 Mahi by 3 o’clock and highspeeded in. Good start to the Mahi season

Replies

• tdogg85tdogg85 Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    Nice Job Capt. From here on out will they move in closer in to the ledge? Im thinking about making another trip next Friday seas permitting. My Rig does not have temp reading ablity. Yet. Last owner did not fish. be another month or so before I can afford a new Unit to read temp/bottom.

Were the flying fish out there in 700?
  • mrBigmrBig Mayport, FloridaPosts: 31 Greenhorn
    Dolphin should move in soon as a heavy run is imminent. Temp guage isn’t necessary but useful. Find very nice blue water with floating debris and some flying fish around and you will connect 
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 744 Officer
    Here is a sea surface picture for today if it posted. The Lat Long should put you in the area.
  • tdogg85tdogg85 Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys!!
    pangaman, what site do you use for sea surface? 
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 744 Officer
    That one is predict wind. We have a subscription for work. You can get free reports a day old on sst charts if it is not cloudy.
  • mrBigmrBig Mayport, FloridaPosts: 31 Greenhorn
    I like the sst charts. Pay for one that updates every 7 hours or so. Gives you a good idea if it’s worth Wahoo fishing but have found paying for roffs reports to reap more benefits than anything. Have recouped my fuel cost many times