Anyone know the status of the Parrish Park ramps?

Curious if any of the ramps are open at the park. 

Thanks

Replies

• mcsnookmcsnook Posts: 175 Deckhand
    It’s closed I can tell you that, no idea when it will open 
  • rehartlinerehartline Posts: 794 Officer
    Thank you. Hopefully they reopen sooner than later. 
  • JohnABJohnAB APOPKAPosts: 208 Deckhand
    Drove by there Saturday and ramps still closed.  Also drove by Kennedy Pt..it too is closed.  What I didn't realize about Kennedy Pt is that they are not fixing the old ramp rather putting in whole new ramp that looks to be larger.
    Any recommendations on where to put in for the north end of the IRL?
    Any recommendations on where to put in for the north end of the IRL?
    Depends on where you want to be and how far you want to boat...biolab ramp in the southern lagoon area, haulover canal will get you to the lagoon or northern river...scotsmoor for the northern river (north of Haulover)...there is a ramp at the marina in Titusville but I don't know what its called...further south there is a ramp is Port St John for the river south of Titusville.  There are folks here much more knowledgeable than I; perhaps they'll chime in.
    edited April 3 #7
    We’ve we generally used Parrish Park in the past. I always felt my vehicle and trailer were relatively safe there as well. We haven’t been there since 3rd quarter last year because of the condition of the ramps. we’ve been going up to River Breeze in Oak Hill but I would like to get back towards Titusville. The fishing couldn’t be much worse. Not worrying about the truck and trailer is as important as the ramp being any good to me. I have an 18.5 ft bay boat so I need a have decent ramp.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,836 Captain
    Haulover canal and head west would be the best bet for the north IRL right now. Most ramps are being repaired. Scottsmoor has little water in their canal
    Reel Teal said:
    Haulover canal and head west would be the best bet for the north IRL right now. Most ramps are being repaired. Scottsmoor has little water in their canal
    Full of muck or just low water?
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,836 Captain
    edited April 3 #10
    JohnAB said:
    Reel Teal said:
    Full of muck or just low water?
    Little of both...going off of what a friend told me who tried the other day, he ended up going to the lagoon instead fwiw
    Scott’s more is mudded in making ramp useless. The county has it set for dredging and replace the dock destroyed by hurricane Irma, to my knowledge they have not started yet
    We drove by Parrish Park late yesterday and the docks were finished and the ramps were OPEN! The new docks are composite. Hopefully the hold up better than the aluminum in the next storm. 
    Yep it’s opened yesterday, finally 
  • clemsonchris1clemsonchris1 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Does anybody know if the ramps are open at Port St John or Kennedy Point?
    I drove by Kennedy pt 2 weeks weeks ago and it was all tore up.  Looks like they are putting in NEW ramps as opposed to repairing.
  • DoradoDorado Posts: 400 Deckhand
    Canaveral Construction is the business of repairing PT St John  ramp, and they're working on it daily.

I now know why the chicken crossed the road.....

It was to show the Armadillo and the Racoon that it could be done.