Home Off Topic

10mm pistols?

Replies

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Scoutboat said:
    Scoutboat said:
    Accuracy is not paramount in a home defense weapon.
    So you spray and pray.  I hit what I aim at
    Home defense situations occur at less than 20 feet.
    Thus the reason for a 12ga with #4 buck and a open choke barrel. 
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Scoutboat said:
    Scoutboat said:
    Accuracy is not paramount in a home defense weapon.
    So you spray and pray.  I hit what I aim at
    Home defense situations occur at less than 20 feet.
    Thus the reason for a 12ga with #4 buck and a open choke barrel. 
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,033 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #64
    Shot won't even come out of its cup at 20 feet. The choke means nothing
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    I wouldn't want to get shot with any of them.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
    Scoutboat said:
    stc1993 said:
    Scoutboat said:
    stc1993 said:
    I read an article a while back about the phlilipinos hand making the .45 pistols.  No serial numbers or no trace.
    Probably sort of a one shot zip gun.

They looked just like the 1911.
    Yep, what you saw sure does.
    But I cannot imagine a Phillipino with hand tools, making a sophisticated 1911.
    Jim
    Another poster shed some light on this.
    It seems that Rock Island moved its operations from a New England state to the Phillipines where they're making replica 1911's.

• FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    My two home defense guns are an AR-15 and a full size 9mm handgun. If I was a concealed carry permit holder and carried a gun my carry gun would be a S&W M&P Shield 9 m2.0
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    My two home defense guns are an AR-15 and a full size 9mm handgun. If I was a concealed carry permit holder and carried a gun my carry gun would be a S&W M&P Shield 9 m2.0
    If you want to hit what your aiming at with your carry gun, look at the glock 42 or 43.. can be carried comfortably in a front pocket.
    You should have been here yesterday
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,067 Captain
    Hmmmm....I guess I’ve just been lucky shooting my Sig. I’ve pretty much hit what I’m aiming at. The M&Ps I’ve shot seemed as accurate as any Glock I’ve ever fired, also. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    edited March 2019 #71
    I carry a millennium .40. It’s only accurate up to the farthest distance I would seriously consider someone a threat. And it’s never jammed when practicing, but I’ve only had it about 15 years.
        I take the thought of using it deadly serious. 
       I have several that are much more accurate at distance, but that is a different ball of wax to me.
    pottydoc said:
    Hmmmm....I guess I’ve just been lucky shooting my Sig. I’ve pretty much hit what I’m aiming at. The M&Ps I’ve shot seemed as accurate as any Glock I’ve ever fired, also. 
    Sigs are tackdrivers. Just not a fan of the trigger pull on the M&P. And glocks don’t rust in salt air like almost all other pistols. And they are pretty cheap
    If you want to hit what your aiming at with your carry gun, look at the glock 42 or 43.. can be carried comfortably in a front pocket.
    My pistol hasnt started rusting yet, I love it, its very accurate and carries appendix nicely. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,419 Officer
    edited March 2019 #74
    pottydoc said:
    Sigs are tackdrivers. Just not a fan of the trigger pull on the M&P. And glocks don’t rust in salt air like almost all other pistols. And they are pretty cheap
    I own alot of Glocks and carry 1 daily. Cost effective, accurate, and just work when i need it too. Throw night sites on and its good to go.
    Jason :USA
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 661 Officer
    Too many female officers can't handle the recoil of .40.
    The agency I work for issues us G21's (.45). The girls are having a hard time handling it so we are testing the new hybrid G45. It's a pretty sweet little gun. I shot it last week, not a huge fan of 9mm but it gets the job done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,685 AG
    pottydoc said:
    I am always amazed at what Glocks are capable of. Now they don't rust and other guns do. 

I own a 1938 Colt Police special that has no rust. Tell me when your Glock hits 80 years and has no issues. I will also test it's accuracy against any pistol you got. 

I do agree Glocks are relatively cheap for a quality gun. But it ain't that special. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

I think most glocks unless its a special edition model, come with plastic sights too...yuck. Both my full size pistol and my carry pistol came with metal iron sights and they were cheaper and just as reliable and accurate. Glock has a huge following but they might have an issue if people start to look at what other brands are starting to offer for better prices.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,067 Captain
    pottydoc said:
    Don’t get me wrong, I like Glocks fine. Shot a 42 last weekend st the gun range, my wife was trying our several for a new carry gun. I liked the 42, and will consider it strongly when I get another compact. 
    I think most glocks unless its a special edition model, come with plastic sights too...yuck. Both my full size pistol and my carry pistol came with metal iron sights and they were cheaper and just as reliable and accurate. Glock has a huge following but they might have an issue if people start to look at what other brands are starting to offer for better prices.
    Who uses factory sights?? I feel sorry for anyone that depends on factory sights.. lol
    Who uses factory sights?? I feel sorry for anyone that depends on factory sights.. lol
    I've shot a ton of competitions with factory sights. I never swap them out unless the didn't come with night sights. Why would you say something like that>? 
    I've shot a ton of competitions with factory sights. I never swap them out unless the didn't come with night sights. Why would you say something like that>? 
    Do you have factory sights on your carry gun or home protection piece? 
    Yes of course. What do you have? No need to feel sorry for me
    edited March 2019 #83
    Night sights on both. And bo mars on the target 1911
    If you ever get into an altercation where you have to use your carry piece, the sights won't make a difference. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,419 Officer
    cadman said:
    pottydoc said:
    I am always amazed at what Glocks are capable of. Now they don't rust and other guns do. 

I own a 1938 Colt Police special that has no rust. Tell me when your Glock hits 80 years and has no issues. I will also test it's accuracy against any pistol you got. 

I do agree Glocks are relatively cheap for a quality gun. But it ain't that special. 

Thats right....It isnt anything special. Just works. I own lots of makes and models including kimber, S&W, Sig, etc.

Jason :USA
    WHOA WA! You're far more accurate than me. It's ok to feel sorry for me now. Well deserved..... My home is officially a soft target
    edited March 2019 #87
    WHOA WA! You're far more accurate than me. It's ok to feel sorry for me now. Well deserved..... My home is officially a soft target
    Jeez man, you asked what sights I had on my pistols. And, I made that comment to Matt after he was saying glock factory sights were poor. It was after a long night out with friends, and may have not been my most thought out post. Really not a big deal to me at all. If it works for you , great. I really don’t want to make any more out of this than we already have
    Cad, if you take that colt in the salt air it will rust before your eyes
    edited March 2019 #89
    Do you live on the beach or something? You seem awfully worried about salt air. 

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    No, but I’m on the water unusually once a week. I usually toss my carry gun in my dry bag. My s&w airweights trigger rusted very quickly. I imagine the internals look similar. 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    cadman said:
    No, but I’m on the water unusually once a week. I usually toss my carry gun in my dry bag. My s&w airweights trigger rusted very quickly. I imagine the internals look similar. 
    The fact that your gun rusted makes me kinda happy....not sure why....but I think it's your foul demeanor..
    Have a great day
    Signed author
    p.s. this forum is better when your not on it.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.