Sat 3-16 downtown area late afternoon/night bite

jimmy06jimmy06 Posts: 1,189 Officer
 Plan was to Hit the downtown area about an hour or so before dark to see what was going on and then check on nite bite. First few spots I hit produced some sea trout and one mouth of a creek produced some 13 to 15 inch flounder.found five of them layed up shallow on a drop off. Was using 1/8 oz red jig with the white and pink gulp shrimp. Was throwing a new lure I got off the internet made by headbanger lures. It’s a  suspending hard bait and soft bait combined together. I’m really impressed with the durability of the paddle tail so far. When it got dark I  switched to a twitch bait and hit a few docks I know that usually holds fish and found a few decent ones. 

Replies

• no peekinno peekin Posts: 796 Officer
    Tight work Jimmy,that mirrodine is one of my favorites as well.
    BIGFISH ROOFING. 570-1973. ccc1330441
  • artrecord224artrecord224 Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    Great haul!
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,571 Captain
    Good report, those are some very nice trout!
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 702 Officer
    lipping a trout and having fingers so close to the trebles.....bold move cotton! haha nice fish
    we need more internet money
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 269 Deckhand
    Nice report.    I am glad to hear about the flounder.   It sounds like they are making their way back inshore.    Think its time i start looking for them myself.

Cheers
  • jimmy06jimmy06 Posts: 1,189 Officer
    lipping a trout and having fingers so close to the trebles.....bold move cotton! haha nice fish
    I ain’t scared of some little ole trout teeth or treble hook. They will pull right out with a good pair of pliers  lol 
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 1,927 Captain
    lipping trout or redfish no problem, i only get nervous when the trebles are nearby lol
  • shamlin32shamlin32 Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Way to put in work!
  • tagtag Posts: 8,812 Admiral
    Nice report thanks for sharing 
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Posts: 1,137 Officer
    nice work!
  • lovetoshrimplovetoshrimp Posts: 285 Deckhand
    Good job Jimmy, doing work as always. I just wrapped up hunting season with a successful spring turkey season so i'm ready to get back on some feesh!!!
  • RadJagRadJag Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Where abouts downtown do you fish?  Near the bridges or docks?  I don't need specific spots, but any tips would be greatly appreciated!