cornbread and beans

smooth movesmooth move Posts: 427 Deckhand
good ol southern eats. wife made the beans, little kidneys with ground venison/pork and onion. i made the cornbread. just cornmeal, flour, baking powder, egg, milk and butter. lots of butter. i'll eat on this for 2 days. what's ya'lls favorite way of doin this?
le se' bon ton roulet

Replies

• SHELLFISHSHELLFISH Posts: 106 Deckhand
    Looks good to me!
  • saltyreefersaltyreefer Posts: 227 Deckhand
    good ol southern eats. wife made the beans, little kidneys with ground venison/pork and onion. i made the cornbread. just cornmeal, flour, baking powder, egg, milk and butter. lots of butter. i'll eat on this for 2 days. what's ya'lls favorite way of doin this?
    My favorite? This is now ^^^^
  • saltyreefersaltyreefer Posts: 227 Deckhand
    Whats the recipe? Now you got me wanting to do this!
  • SHELLFISHSHELLFISH Posts: 106 Deckhand
    Wynn Dixie has their own baked beans in the deli area. Some of the best I've ever had!
  • smooth movesmooth move Posts: 427 Deckhand
    Whats the recipe? Now you got me wanting to do this!
    cornbread is 2 cups cornmeal,1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, one tsp salt, 6 tbsp melted butter
    , one egg. cook at 400 in a greased skillet for 20 min or untill browning on top. use camillia beans and use the recipe on the bag. simple, good food. good luck.
    le se' bon ton roulet
  • deflavedeflave Miramar, FloridaPosts: 12 Greenhorn
    That looks awesome.

I love me some great northern's and hamhocks if we're going to have cornbread.  
  • TerribleTedTerribleTed Posts: 197 Deckhand
    looks like chilli.
    Add some jalapenos finely chopped to the corn bread. 

Simple
    baked beans
    1 lb bacon chopped
    1 ln burger chopped
    1 onion chopped
    1/8 cup molasses 
    1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar.
    3 15 oz can of plane pork and beans or you can make fresh ones.

Add together bring up to light boil then simmer or put it in the crock pot.

• Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,278 Admiral
    That looks fit to eat!  :) My cornbread recipe is very similar.  Large lima's and hambone over cornbread topped with chopped sweet onion is my favorite.  But 15 bean runs a close second!

I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt