Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,164 AG
    I don't waste time trying to be a crusader for meaningless things....  It was never a good dock so why worry.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • questianquestian FLPosts: 42 Greenhorn
    edited March 19 #3
    duckmanJR said:
    I don't waste time trying to be a crusader for meaningless things....  It was never a good dock so why worry.
    Have you found that the same docks always hold fish over time and only change due to fishing pressure?

I thought fishing docks was usually just random since there's so many of them together.
    No, I  have found some are consistently holding fish...and others only rarely or seasonally on some. 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 1,013 Officer
    Drove by today on A1A around noon.  5 Sheriff's cars and about 30 boats anchored in front of Joyce's dock.

Pretty F'N funny!

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,472 AG
    pretty petty and juvenile.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • sharky12sharky12 Posts: 194 Deckhand
    That’s awesome. Good to see a group effort on what are legal rights. Well done!! 
    Not the 800 to 1000 people they said  were going to be there..... And they are sitting way offshore where nothing is being contended ...or accomplished on the issue.
    I'm stunned that so many will waste their time with  a  pointless protest.
    Joyce was not home...because she is rich  # wastedtime   LOL  

And it is already circulating that the guy who organized this event was trying to monetize it for personal gain....and  that the guy who is the actual aggrieved has started a  go fund me...

The actual  answer lies in going to the State Attorney and getting an actual statement from him on whether there is basis in law for it being trespassing to walk on submerged bottomland that is subject to riparian rights.  There  was case law on Fisheating creek that  established some  precedent.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,450 Officer
    Riparian rights are not applicable here, her property doesn't have them.

Although some of her neighbors properties do, yet none of them felt the need to show their "authority" over a lowly wade fisherman.

Yes I agree it was blown out of proportion and both are drama queens.

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 317 Deckhand
    edited March 25 #10
    I had a similar experience last year while wade fishing for flounder under a rich ladies dock"  all million dollar houses in this area"    She came out and asked me who i was and what i was doing.   I politely told here my first name and that i was fishing "the fishing pole should have been a good clue."   She told me that she was not comfortable with me walking around her dock.   I asked her why and she said she had expensive stuff on her dock.   I told her that i was just there to fish and i would not be on her dock.    

She stayed and watched me like a hawk and one of her dogs took a run at me also which was a little freaky,  i can be a little Leary of dogs.     After about 5 minutes she told me that most people that fished around her dock were in boats and she did not think that what i was doing was legal.     I told her that she did not own the water or the beach and i was well within my rights to fish,   if she had a problem to call the law and let them explain it to her.   I saw her a few more times during the flounder run and she was never exactly warm and friendly with me.   

I bet she will be happy to see me this summer when the flounder start hanging around her dock again.   

P.S.   Most of the other homeowners were friendly,  one guy actually ran out and helped me net a 6 pounder near his dock.      We are lucky that the rich people cant actually buy the water i guess,   Murica!
    P.S.  i actually think that is a pretty good turn out just to make a point.  Good on those who participated.
    Bigfish5 said:
    P.S.  i actually think that is a pretty good turn out just to make a point.  Good on those who participated.

A pointess  point.... Hurray! LOL  
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    duckmanJR said:
    Bigfish5 said:

A pointess  point.... Hurray! LOL  
    Say's you.   which i think is a worthless opinion.   HURRAY!
    I'm sure you had a great time...LOL....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • MarlinmanMarlinman Posts: 130 Deckhand
    Dadgum, I'm struggling with this. I watched the video, and yes, I certainly see she's incorrect in her thoughts of fishing access. But as ethical and law abiding outdoorsmen, the response is to publicly shame her on-line and then advertise a staged protest off the end of her dock...just because it's legal for the ethical fisherman to do so. What exactly was the objective of this mission?
    There was no objective other than to harass some old lady.
    And as evidenced by the photos of boats parked way out away from the docks...POINTLESS in that the "issue" was wading and fishing the docks...all while nobody actually did that. 

And...wasted tax dollars with SO marine unit and FWC unit there to watch and make sure nothing bad happened...

A thinking man would have ignored her...kept fishing... and moved on to the next dock...But someone had to show her who's boss...so...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Point well made, Joe.
  • Flounderman3Flounderman3 Posts: 163 Deckhand
    I agree with Duckman, I fish docks boat/wadding almost 50% of my trips. You will always run into morons, what good is it to argue. It’s not like it’s a physical confrontation, just pick up and move. Now if said dock person follows you or harasses you in  another way after you’ve moved on.....well....that’s a different psot😉
  • reelfirereelfire ny/flaPosts: 47 Greenhorn
    duckmanJR said:
    And as evidenced by the photos of boats parked way out away from the docks...POINTLESS in that the "issue" was wading and fishing the docks...all while nobody actually did that. 

And...wasted tax dollars with SO marine unit and FWC unit there to watch and make sure nothing bad happened...

A thinking man would have ignored her...kept fishing... and moved on to the next dock...But someone had to show her who's boss...so...

If you let her get away with it, then the next neighbor will do the same and it will go all the way down the coast. We battle this daily in NY. Bravo to these guys for standing up to her and calling her out. If shes a transplant from up here in the north you have no idea what they are capable of and can pull off in a little time. Don't back down or move on if you are in your legal rights. That's how we lost our beach access. Don't let it happen to you. Espically since I will be moving there in 2 months.
    If you aren't fishing on the edge, youre probably blocking the channel.
    Well you better hurry down so you can protest.....but no matter how much social justice warrioring you do...the Rednecks here will just call you a Yankee...LOL 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    duckmanJR said:
    Well you better hurry down so you can protest.....but no matter how much social justice warrioring you do...the Rednecks here will just call you a Yankee...LOL 

I could care less what they call me. Im an Italian NY redneck. If this joyce chick is a NY area transplant you have no idea what you are dealing with. People like you around here who refused to stand up now regret they have no access to areas we fished for 3 generations. It limits us to overrun state and county parks where we are closed out for 3 months of our eight month season due to endangered birds.
    Who knows...and more importantly...who cares where Joyce is from. What you may fail to understand is that it doesn't matter WHERE you are from...You are a Yankee if your lineage doesn't go back to a grey uniform and 1862.

As far as "people like me"... You have absolutely no idea what I do or don't do for outdoorsman in Florida....but I assure you I DO NOT do any pointless social justice warrioring...since it is...POINTLESS. 
    Nobody did any standing on the submerged lands...that is the core issue... 

If you want to comment intelligently on an issue....you should collect all available info.... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    reelfire said:
    duckmanJR said:

If you let her get away with it, then the next neighbor will do the same and it will go all the way down the coast. We battle this daily in NY. Bravo to these guys for standing up to her and calling her out. If shes a transplant from up here in the north you have no idea what they are capable of and can pull off in a little time. Don't back down or move on if you are in your legal rights. That's how we lost our beach access. Don't let it happen to you. Espically since I will be moving there in 2 months.
    guess you didn't listen to the original video, guy on the yak was stereotypical NY a** wipe.

like we really need more of that here...
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 said:
    reelfire said:
    duckmanJR said:

guess you didn't listen to the original video, guy on the yak was stereotypical NY a** wipe.

like we really need more of that here...
    Preach it crab man..... LOL
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Please define a NYvstereotypical asswipe .
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,840 Captain
    reelfire said:
    Watch the video from Joyce's dock.....and you'll have 2 examples lol 
    Reel Teal said:
    reelfire said:
    Watch the video from Joyce's dock.....and you'll have 2 examples lol 
     :D 
     :D  This place is brutal....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
      :D
    OMG, I needed this today.
  • Flounderman3Flounderman3 Posts: 163 Deckhand
    What are the chances all the “dock freedom protesters” are the same bozo’s all the good boaters try to avoid on a daily basis🤔. 

I say do it again! Everyone park out front of a new dock every weekend, give it time....keep doing it.....it will work....trust me👌
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,839 AG
    Good morning
    :BUNNY gestapo