Home Off Topic

Fish Joyce's Dock

Replies

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,871 Admiral
    After seeing her in a previous video cussing and screaming at the guy with the three year old, she deserves this. 
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    Fish Haid said:
    Cast a lot of treble hooks around her railing.
    And get arrested. Brilliant.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #34
    Not me , I'd light her dock on fire and double tap when she runs up to put it out.
    Own that Dock....winning.
    Losing 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • PROFINITYPROFINITY Posts: 294 Deckhand
    I live with on the water and have no issue with folks fishing around my dock. The deal is... Be respectful. Don’t have hooks on my dock, pulling off piling wraps or hitting the boat. I fish other people’s docks all the time.

If I lived closer I would have some fun with Joyce. Her spraying me with a hose would be a mistake.😆
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,595 AG
    Pretty sure if you organize a group of people  on Facebook to antagonize someone, that amounts to harassing someone and you are leaving a trail.  People could get cited and I am guessing the other reasonable property owners might see this mob and be less tolerant of people fishing around their docks. 

I'm not defending this miserable snatch, but I don't know why people would get worked up enough to keep harassing them.  That makes us look bad. 

If it were me I would have a good laugh at her and hopefully make her lose it.  I might film it so others could have a good laugh, but it would end there. I wouldn't want to be responsible for publicly inciting anything, especially over something this asinine. 

Captain Todd Approves

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,127 Admiral
    Fishing days are limited, there is no way I would waste one on this event
    your mileage may very
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,395 Admiral
    Well said mplspug.  Excellent point(s).  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    She's already been charged with battery for the initial altercation.  So they are organizing an event for this Saturday.  Here is what I bet happens.  People waste their time going there and the FWC/Sheriff will be in attendance, as I am sure they have caught wind of this.  I bunch of dopes are going to be sitting around asking themselves, "OK, now what, since I wasted much of my Saturday"?  The law may actually ask them to disperse or be charged.

Captain Todd Approves

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Things sure are different up here. Last summer while fishing over in East Bay around some docks a gentleman came down on his dock, offered up a beer and we talked for half an hour!
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Actually I agree with mpls, I think it would be better to just keep fishing it on your own time and let her get sorted out by the officers if it comes to that. You wont be the only fisherman she encounters...especially if she decides to put out dock lights
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    mplspug said:
    Pretty sure if you organize a group of people  on Facebook to antagonize someone, that amounts to harassing someone and you are leaving a trail.  People could get cited and I am guessing the other reasonable property owners might see this mob and be less tolerant of people fishing around their docks. 

I'm not defending this miserable snatch, but I don't know why people would get worked up enough to keep harassing them.  That makes us look bad. 

If it were me I would have a good laugh at her and hopefully make her lose it.  I might film it so others could have a good laugh, but it would end there. I wouldn't want to be responsible for publicly inciting anything, especially over something this asinine. 
    Exactly. And one thing the fisherman was probably right about is she is already miserable. In my experience people like that have a lot of other issues besides the little spat that occurred on the dock. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she had personal issues she is already dealing with. Tell her your sorry she is having a bad day and move on. Plenty of other docks to fish.
  • MydoulaMydoula Jensen BeachPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    I don’t know about this Dock, but I do own property on the Indian River. I have Deeded Water. Which means I own and pay taxes on 90 ft out into the water from the mean high water mark. While I do not mind fishing on my property. I technically am responsible. I also do own the property into the water. So Boat guy, ownership rights vary from dock to dock... and respect is a two way street. 
    Mydoula said:
    I don’t know about this Dock, but I do own property on the Indian River. I have Deeded Water. Which means I own and pay taxes on 90 ft out into the water from the mean high water mark. While I do not mind fishing on my property. I technically am responsible. I also do own the property into the water. So Boat guy, ownership rights vary from dock to dock... and respect is a two way street. 
    You own the land not the water, as long as the land is not touched there is nothing you can do
    #justsaying
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,074 Moderator
    Interesting.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,290 AG
    Interesting.
    I think it gets very interesting around lobster season down in the keys as well. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,395 Admiral
    Mydoula said:
    As others have said, you don't own the water.  People are allowed to be there legally,.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,067 Captain
    Mydoula said:
    Hmmmm...where did you come from? First post, and you’re basicly telling us to stay off “your” land.  
  • PROFINITYPROFINITY Posts: 294 Deckhand
    The deeded land can be an issue. However, no one person owns the water. The airspace above the land and the land on bottom, possibly with mineral rights, can the landowners property. This is how I am to understand it. It’s sorta like playing the game Operation when dock fishing.🤣
    Mydoula said:
    Does that mean if someone Wade fishes your dock they are technically trespassing?  I thought this could only be done with dredged canals?

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug said:
    Mydoula said:
    Does that mean if someone Wade fishes your dock they are technically trespassing?  I thought this could only be done with dredged canals?
    not technically, it is trespassing
    Wow that was incredibly bold. I think it all comes down to respect and understanding the law. Yeah the fisherman was 100% in the right in this situation. She wasnt supposed to be harassing him like that 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,871 Admiral
    pottydoc said:
    Mydoula said:
    Hmmmm...where did you come from? First post, and you’re basicly telling us to stay off “your” land.  
    A doula is basically a female who helps with birthing but is not an obstetrician or even a midwife but assists the one giving birth.   So Mydoula is most likely female and her first post on this forum is on this topic.  As you said Potty, 
    Hmmmmmm......
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    Sounds like a Messy Job..Screw that..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 99 Deckhand
    I’m all about putting someone in there place...but nothing good would come of having hundreds of people go and harass a lady that doesn’t care for fisherman. It’s one thing to take a buddy or two and laugh at her when you fish by her dock but I’d reconsider starting a mob. Could ruin the fishing in the future. I’ve seen events like this were they’ve put gates up to access points to the water because things were takin to far....
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,031 Admiral
    Nothing sillier or more cowardly than an internet gang. Everyone wants their 15 minutes
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,697 AG
    I don't let people fish my dock..

I don't say anything to them I just fire up the airboat, gently nose up to the bumpers, adjust the rudders and throttle down hard.

It'll roll small craft and blow the white costas off the flatsmatt flat brimmer crowd..

all legal too,
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    Just start hammering nails...everything is gone...
    Spare hammer in the Dock box.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    ANUMBER1 said:
    I don't let people fish my dock..

I don't say anything to them I just fire up the airboat, gently nose up to the bumpers, adjust the rudders and throttle down hard.

It'll roll small craft and blow the white costas off the flatsmatt flat brimmer crowd..

all legal too,
    Legal but not a very smart thing to do.
    "oh flats is a flat brimmer..."

Person saying this clearly hasnt looked at my profile picture...

Thats alright, I would let you fish my dock if I had one because I like to see people participating in conservation and the sportsmans life. Dont worry, I know not all of us can be considerate and a community man, anumber0. Lol.