Home Off Topic

Fish Joyce's Dock

Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,919 Admiral

So this woman who lives just south of Sebastian thinks she owns the water around her dock and has decided to harass one angler, spraying water on him, saying "she's rich" and just plain being rude. So now people have formed a facebook page, and a facebook event, to try and get a whole bunch of boats to gather there Sat. March 23 at 9am. for some fun. She also has ocean side property on the other side of her house for surfcasters.

The page and the comments are interesting

Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    I personally move from docks where people don't want me to fish.  While I agree they are in the wrong, because legally they don't own the water, it just doesn't seem worth the effort.  There are hundreds of docks all over the place, just hit a different one.  But I am also not confrontational, never know when somebody is crazy enough to escalate something to a level that just isn't worth it. 

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,919 Admiral
    Me too, I hate fishing where you can see right into somebodies house. But her's is way across the street. Her attitude is going to make this all blow up though. I hope she's not away from home Saturday morning.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #4
    I would love to see her get trashed on social media.  Her behavior is ridiculous and the law is pretty clear.  I don't get what her problem is.  People fish my father in-laws dock, we usually ask how fishing is and see if we can get any tips.  I have no idea why people can't be friendly.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    That's awesome.
  • tjensentjensen Posts: 359 Deckhand
    I bet she's from up north where people are just confrontational by nature.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,592 AG
    They say everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame. I hope she enjoys hers. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    I'm surprised FB doesn't take it down, she needs a longer hose. :)
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Don't think this behavior is going to go over well for her if she continues
  • NickhoogNickhoog Posts: 845 Officer
    Joyce is a dixk
  • Wayward_SonWayward_Son Coconut Creek, FLPosts: 47 Deckhand
    I’m not on Facebook, but the link still lets me see the page. Looks like this is turning into a bigger mess for her than I’d want to step in.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,541 Admiral
    You got that right ww son.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,413 Admiral
    I say let the old nag be an old nag. She's miserable enough as it is. Just stay out of hose range or fish somewhere else.
    This ploy will most likely not end well. I don't like it.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 3,028 Captain
    I see plenty of other docks in the video, and he is taunting her. 2 wrongs do not make a right.
    BTW, the dude is a yankee, go home.
    F the feds
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,188 Captain
    She handled it wrong, but I don't think this is taking the high road.  
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    The adult thing to do would have been to go elsewhere. I saw a fisherman waste 3 minutes of fishing time arguing with a woman for no reason. Would he have argued with her all day if she had not went inside? I'm sure he couldn't wait to post that video up. Just two adults acting like children.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #17
    Two yankees arguing over a tiny strip of ocean...w  t   f (welcome to Florida).
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    Thats great !!
    Jason :USA
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,243 AG
    Never owned dockfront property so i can't say how I would react I probably wouldn't mind if i didn't have a boat tied off but my reasoning would be guys posing as fisherman coming and casing what i've got to come back later and steal things.   But other than that I imagine I wouldn't mind people throwing lures and snagging them on my pilings as long as they left em there. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • NoeetticaNoeettica Posts: 2,300 Captain
    Glad "you" posted this and not "Me" LoL  
    want to know about my Gheenoes Go Here

http://www.noeettica.com/
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Dude, I will paddle my mkayak out there I am about it. How far is the paddle?
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    PING TRT!
    We need you to go pay a visit to Joyce, spend a couple of hours...doing what you do...
    Scrape the barnacles and /or blow out the bilge......if you will.
     Otherwise.... put a smile on her face.

After that she will be inviting anglers in for coffee and toast.
    Winning...….
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Dude, I will paddle my mkayak out there I am about it. How far is the paddle?
    Probably not far.  Take plenty of vertical video for farcebook and carry an extra pfd for your self-respect.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    PING TRT!
    We need you to go pay a visit to Joyce, spend a couple of hours...doing what you do...

Winning...….

I agree, maybe recall Schmidty as well and send him with TRT 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,243 AG
    PING TRT!

Winning...….

I agree, maybe recall Schmidty as well and send him with TRT 
    so he can schmooze her with some possum chili?  
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,858 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #26
    You have a lot of people moving here that think the way of Joyce.  If she just let's them be, they will literally spend about 5 minutes casting and move on. She might not see anybody there for weeks after that.  I've been dock fishing around South Florida since I was a kid mainly at night.  Hit one dock light then move to the next.  Never had to get too close because of my amazing casting skills. B)
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    Cast a lot of treble hooks around her railing.
    23895.gif
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    I Dumped her and that's why she's acting this way.
    She was Great till I found out her boobs were fake and the dock didn't hold any fish .
    Came back in to the House after fishing for hours off that dock and not catching a thing..and she wanted to Cuddle..
    I hit her with some Pepper spray and took the money out of her purse and told her , That's for the Memories fake , cheap  blich.
    If you want to take over put on a Thong and bring some flowers..you'll be fishing that dock for years but remember...their Fake...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,351 Admiral
    The fight ain't worth it. I would however make her aware of the law and move on.She honestly may not know. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    Not me , I'd light her dock on fire and double tap when she runs up to put it out.
    Own that Dock....winning.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    I Dumped her and that's why she's acting this way.
    She was Great till I found out her boobs were fake and the dock didn't hold any fish .
    Came back in to the House after fishing for hours off that dock and not catching a thing..and she wanted to Cuddle..
    I hit her with some Pepper spray and took the money out of her purse and told her , That's for the Memories fake , cheap  blich.
    If you want to take over put on a Thong and bring some flowers..you'll be fishing that dock for years but remember...their Fake...
    No problem....I got a message from Mr Ichardson.. He says he's headed that way just as soon as he can find someone to help him push start the Corolla and loan him some gas money.
    He said something about a middle aged women with a garden hose ....but I can't repeat it