Home Off Topic

Living off the System...

Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
Getting ready to Retire so you know money's gonna be tight.
Food Banks..Do they check incomes ? , Can I say I rent my house , Do they do a Background check ?
Free Ham at Christmas and a 20 pound Turkey with all the Fixins for free would be nice.
Dented cans and bruised Produce don,t hurt my feelings either..
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    Cruise the highways in the morning for fresh roadkill. Better than waiting in line for freebies.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    Excellent suggestion..
    Maybe just follow the Logging trucks headed to the Mill at Zero Dark Thirty. They hit a pile of Hogs and you got a Pile of Hogs....Free...winning.!
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    Make one trip a month to I 20 between Atlanta and Augusta during the warmer months.  Plenty of dead deer there.  The state doesn’t pick them up so youll have food for a solid year.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,552 Admiral
    See if you qualify for a EBT card.  My bro-in-law has one and gets something like $200 a month for food from the government.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #6
    If you can't beat them you might as well join them...
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,033 Admiral
    The government loves slaves and people that live off the system. It's job security and more money for them
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,810 Admiral
    Freegan it!!

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,661 AG
    King_Me said:
    See if you qualify for a EBT card.  My bro-in-law has one and gets something like $200 a month for food from the government.

Doe he NEED it or playing the system and got it.

There is a locally owned country store by me that will not except any form of gov payment such as EBT, food stamps etc. You wouldn't believe how much business/support they get for this.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited March 2019 #10
    Here you go, freeloader.  :)   You can apply for SNAP online:  http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/service-programs/access/
    The government loves slaves and people that live off the system. It's job security and more money for them
    They work hard to keep them in need.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• Lineman North FloridaLineman North Florida Posts: 369 Deckhand
    :D If you suck off the government **** make sure you don't send in them club dues that are due May 1st, that is a luxury not a necessity.
  • Lineman North FloridaLineman North Florida Posts: 369 Deckhand
    Dang you cant say the three letter word for breast.
    Teat.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,197 AG
    micci_man said:

There is a locally owned country store by me that will not except any form of gov payment such as EBT, food stamps etc. You wouldn't believe how much business/support they get for this.

The Hilltop?
    Warning Level 2
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #16
    micci_man said:
    King_Me said:

Bradley’s?
    You should have been here yesterday
    micci_man said:
    King_Me said:

Actually I think he lost the benefit back in September after he moved from NY to FL(my house).  Not sure if he's working on getting it now that he's FL.

We're working on getting him off the "Living with Me" program now.  Going on 9 months now......uggggggg

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    King_Me said:
    micci_man said:
    King_Me said:

Actually I think he lost the benefit back in September after he moved from NY to FL(my house).  Not sure if he's working on getting it now that he's FL.

We're working on getting him off the "Living with Me" program now.  Going on 9 months now......uggggggg

Good, let me know when it’s my turn to move in for awhile, I could use a vacation.
       Do you supply my beer too? That’s kind of important.

How about vodka?  His drink of choice.

I guess I shouldn't dwell on it like I do as he did move down with his significant other to help us out while I had a liver while they could find a new life in FL.  2 days after they arrived she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.  Coincidence or dumb luck?  Anyway she died 6 weeks ago, he's still trying to get it together.

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,691 AG
    Food banks are open, don't count on a ham or turkey unless you like canned ham. the last time I volunteered, it was all canned or dry goods with some stale bread and crackers and such that was donated. 

You are better off trying to get food stamps, I think a single guy with no income can get $192 a month in Florida. Then you can get you a ham, turkey, or even lobster and have the guys on here talk about what a low life you are for not buying cheap food and living off rice and beans. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,051 Captain
    Man up and turn that new trailer into a meth lab.
    Only trade for food, Krystal burgers and dandee sandwiches should pile up pretty quick. (and honey buns.. lots of honey buns)
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    It's according to how old you are now.  If your working age & able to work you can only get it for 2-3 months. 
    It's too late now but back when they had the wet foot /dry foot policy, it would have been easy to learn some "Cuban dialect" Spanish and just show up on the beach with a POS raft and claim asylum. Start a new life with a ton of benefits.

― Ernest Hemingway

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    cadman said:
    Food banks are open, don't count on a ham or turkey unless you like canned ham. the last time I volunteered, it was all canned or dry goods with some stale bread and crackers and such that was donated. 

You are better off trying to get food stamps, I think a single guy with no income can get $192 a month in Florida. Then you can get you a ham, turkey, or even lobster and have the guys on here talk about what a low life you are for not buying cheap food and living off rice and beans. 
    Canned ham? Or Spam is an alternative substitute. 
    https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/6-inventive-spam-recipes-that-are-actually-delicious
     Actually a couple sound pretty good. 
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    Spam is a big thing in Hawaii still.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,691 AG
    edited March 2019 #27
    stc1993 said:
    It's according to how old you are now.  If your working age & able to work you can only get it for 2-3 months. 
    working age for government is 18 to 50. I know he is over 50. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    I'm 63 soon to be 64 and I dam well deserve everything I can get.
    I've paid Taxes and  complained about other folks sucking off The System for years , now I'm gonna do it.
    Free Turkeys , Free Shoes for the Kids I don,t have , School supply's , Help with my Elec. bill , EBT for crabs and Shrimp twice a month...I want IT All...and I want it now....winning..
    edited March 2019 #29
    Don't forget a free cell phone.

I do agree with her opinion about Romney though.

― Ernest Hemingway

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,382 Captain
    and change your party affiliation to (D) so you can vote in more, to give you more
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    hatcity said:
    and change your party affiliation to (D) so you can vote in more, to give you more
    What makes you think he needs to change it?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.