Banned from MBG Forum

smallblock342smallblock342 Posts: 59 Greenhorn
Well after five years I've been banned from MBG forum. 
A guy asked me what boat I had. Told him I owned a hewes and it had cracked and delaminated stringers so I bought an Egret. 
Banned moments later.....

Replies

• Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,061 Officer
    That's how they roll...Here's a couple of stories from the late 90's. early 2000. My best friend since we were teenagers worked for them. Some how in conversation it came up that he was going to go fishing in Flamingo and was asked with who are you fishing and in what boat? so he told them that he was fishing with me and that it was on a Egret. Well that person said that he shouldn't go...After the trip he taped a photo that I took of him with a big Snook on my boat, where you could clearly see the Egret logo on his tool box.

On another trip we were at the ramp in Flamingo and a guy in a Pathfinder came up and told me "nice boat" I said thank you and then he said he want to buy an Egret but the wait was 3 months and he didn't want to wait, so he got the Pathfinder. So my buddy, remember he worked there at that time said "Have you had any problems with cracks on the deck" the guys said no! So my buddy said you sure? Check down there on the edge where it has the radius to turn up on the sides. Is there like a thin pencil line there? They guy gets on his knees and checks. All of a sudden we hear the guy cursing and saying he's going to call Skip in the morning. We idled away.... 

One of my other buddies has a 16 Hewes and he and his wife were going to Islamorada by boat from Homestead Bayfront in their boat. Sue and I were in mine boat and my buddies had wanted to show his wife how nice my boat rode. So we moved over to his boat and they got on mine. So I told him to head into the wind and not be be afraid to push the throttle. That we would wait here. So they took off in the Egret and when they came back, his wife stayed on my boat for the rest of the trip.

Last month it was flat calm, I was fishing the Blue hole in my boat and three big Yellowfin center consoles show up and I almost said..Why do you guys need such a big boat to come here?

I haven't done this lately, when guys show up on a spot in there flats boats wearing rain jackets. I would ask...It's not raining why are you guys wearing rain suits.

All in good fun...Pete 
  • smallblock342smallblock342 Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    I think the mods on that forum are bossed around by their wives at home and take out what ever they can on the forum. You cant even say garmin is a junk gps without the post being deleted. Before I owned an egret I thought the egret kool aid drinkers were bad, boy was I wrong its the other way around. Like a Democrat compared to a republican, I have my opinion, but If I disagree with you I have no clue what im talking about and hate gays and jews. lol.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,061 Officer
    I think the mods on that forum are bossed around by their wives at home and take out what ever they can on the forum. You cant even say garmin is a junk gps without the post being deleted. Before I owned an egret I thought the egret kool aid drinkers were bad, boy was I wrong its the other way around. Like a Democrat compared to a republican, I have my opinion, but If I disagree with you I have no clue what im talking about and hate gays and jews. lol.
    As you've learned. The reality is that there is no Egret kool aid! The boat is and does what the owners are saying.

The one thing that Egret did was raise the bar on Ride, Storage, Materials, Fit and Finish etc. By building a flats boat that  did not have the same problems as all those other flats boats of that time.   

• TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 487 Deckhand
    When I was shopping 4 years ago, one member on here told me he "wouldn't let MGB build him a ham sandwich".  I thought that was pretty funny but also a maybe a little Egret kool aid. 

I guess I can see a board trying to restrict membership to owners but you were a former owner.  The fact you got banned immediately after telling them your issues sure doesn't inspire confidence in them being candid and transparent when it comes to discussing their boats.  I guess they were afraid of you being the mbowers of MGB.

• Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 943 Officer
    Banned for stating some facts and truth that they don't appreciate.. that's funny but sad at the same time.  That is very telling right there.  Instead of vetting the issue and perhaps trying to learn something and maybe correct an issue or improve something they just choose to shut down the discussion all together.  Maybe its run by a bunch of "free speech" liberal hypocrites. 
    Last month they were so overly sensitive, they considered a "useless" comment regarding someone's FL based Garmin GPS as a personal attack and over the line and they deleted most of the thread.  How dare anyone refer to someones machine as useless.  It doesn't matter if its true.  I thought it was more than a little wacky.
  • SpookSpook Posts: 142 Deckhand
    The MBG forum is only there to drive sales, any post or person who does not toe the line will be deleted.  I started out with a Hewes Light Tackle 18 then a PF 22 and finally an Egret and have never looked back.  They make a decent production boat but never invested the time and materials that JIm did and Frank does now.  Pete said it best on here, at Egret they built one boat a week and made sure it was done right.  I run by 98 CK bird hard and there are no stress cracks on it anywhere.