Skip to main content
Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Port Canaveral, East Boat Ramp. Closed when parking reaches capacity?

O.SEA.DO.SEA.D Senior MemberCocoa FloridaPosts: 649 Officer
HI Everyone,

long time member but I haven't posted or been on this forum in years.   If this topic has already been discussed please direct me to the thread so I can read up on the latest information.

Yesterday, when I was at the ramp I was chatting with some folks and there's a rumor going around that due to the limited parking caused by the cruise ship terminal construction.   BCSO will close the ramp once parking has reach capacity because there's nowhere else to accommodate overflow parking like there was before construction began.

yes, I know it's a rumor so that's why I'm asking here to see if there's any truth to this.
2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
Etec 250

Replies

• Cracker Jack 45Cracker Jack 45 Junior Member Posts: 44 Deckhand
    I was there about 8:30 on Saturday and a "security guy" told me before I actually pulled onto the ramp that there was no more parking spaces available.  He said if I wanted to launch that I would have to park my SUV and trailer at a lot just past the Exploration Tower and walk back to the ramp.  Should have known better than to try to launch there on a weekend.  All parking spaces at the ramp were taken and both overflow lots were full.  Needless to say I didn't fish Saturday
  • mako2567mako2567 Senior Member Posts: 288 Deckhand
    What a shame very sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Senior Member GrovelandPosts: 16,680 AG
    That sucks.   not only does it ruin that place where a ton of people go, it's just going to add to the congestion at other ramps around the state.  
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • Dr. BogasDr. Bogas Senior Member Posts: 533 Officer
    I saw a couple trucks with tickets on them that had parked were they shouldn't have. I hope they do that to cars that park in trailer spots too.