Skip to main content
Home Tropics

Bahamas crossing

seafox150seafox150 south carolinaPosts: 7 Greenhorn
Anyone planning on leaving out of Fort Pierce for West End in June or July?  Looking to make the crossing with a couple of buddies this summer and was hoping to jump in with a couple of other boats so as not to make our first trip alone.  Haven't set any hard dates but plan on staying two or three nights.

Replies

• Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 308 Deckhand
    The wife and I are going memorial day weekend, leaving from west palm Friday morning around 7am...

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

• Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    We are crossing 6/19 to 6/23 we meet 20 other
    boats at BLUE MARLIN COVE.We leave from Hillsboro
    but there are boats leaving from up that way.
  • seafox150seafox150 south carolinaPosts: 7 Greenhorn
    Memorial day is gonna be a bit early for my group.  Those dates in June just may work though.  Blue Marlin is where I was thinking of going, say you've got boats leaving the Fort Pierce inlet those days?
    The wife and I may take another trip 4th of July,  will plan that a little later...

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

4th of July would work, I'm usually in Florida over the 4th anyway.  Guess I just need to decide on the dates we're going and go from there.
    seafox150 said:
    Memorial day is gonna be a bit early for my group.  Those dates in June just may work though.  Blue Marlin is where I was thinking of going, say you've got boats leaving the Fort Pierce inlet those days?
    Yes there should be some leaving from that way St. lucie for sure.
    The problem is rooms we have most booked.Go to there site and
    see whats open.
    This is why a lot of rooms are booked...

Greg,

2017 Cape Horn 24OS

Just checked the blue marlin booking page for June 19 thru 22 and looks like all is booked.  Looks like we'll have to put the trip off a week.  Anybody headed over then?
    seafox150 said:
    Just checked the blue marlin booking page for June 19 thru 22 and looks like all is booked.  Looks like we'll have to put the trip off a week.  Anybody headed over then?
    Yep thats our group i figured we had the whole place booked.
    Wish we coulda gotten in on that!
    Got 3 nights booked at the Marlin.  June 23 thru 26.  We'll be leaving Sunday morning the 23rd.  Anybody headed over then?
  • AltonAlton St AugustinePosts: 117 Deckhand
    Me and wife making first crossing July 15th -july 18th. Staying at OBB.  Would be nice to have a buddy to cross with. We in a 24' cuddy cabin. Cruise at 25-30 in calm seas. No time has  seen set
  • Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ NW NJPosts: 1,000 Officer
    Alton said:
    Me and wife making first crossing July 15th -july 18th. Staying at OBB.  Would be nice to have a buddy to cross with. We in a 24' cuddy cabin. Cruise at 25-30 in calm seas. No time has  seen set
    You might want to rethink this the marina at OBB is closed.
  • AltonAlton St AugustinePosts: 117 Deckhand
    Got with Mark he owns condos there. 
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 3,024 Admin
    edited March 2019 #16
    Osprey45 said:
    Alton said:
    You might want to rethink this the marina at OBB is closed.
    Yes I got Alron covered with a dock reservation.  The landlord for 75% of the marina closed his slips but we still have a few plus the fuel dock, customs dock and seawall.  We are negotiating with the landlord and should have a resolutio soon. 

To prevent this from occuring again we are preparing to break ground on this new marina

If anyone is looking for rooms during June or July hit me up I still have open dates for my two condos. 
    Mark Wilson
    USCG 100t Master, Assist Tow, 200nm Coastal
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS, ABYC, IAMI, FMIU
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc. 
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 3,024 Admin
    Late Breaking News...

I just received an email from our HOA board stating that the Marina will reopen TOMORROW with OBB HOA managing it while LRA and the HOA continue to discuss a long term agreement.  LRA is still looking for a buyer so if you have an extra $21m give him a call.  
    Mark Wilson
    USCG 100t Master, Assist Tow, 200nm Coastal
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS, ABYC, IAMI, FMIU
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc. 
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,847 Admin
    Great news! Thanks for the updates, Mark!
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • BuncranaBuncrana Jacksonville BeachPosts: 8 Deckhand
    Leaving Ft. Pierce July 13 bound for Spanish Cay to clear customs then on to Marsh Harbour for a week and Great Guana for a week. Crossing back on July 27. 36' CC cruising at 30-40 depending on Mother Nature and sea state.
    Intrepid 366 Trip Zukes
    Hi all, haven't been on this thread in a couple of months.  My buddies backed out on the trip so had to cancel the Marlin reservations.  I still may head over early sat. morning out of lake worth if I can find parking and if the weather is perfect.  Anyone thinking of pulling out this Saturday?  I would probably stay two maybe three nights and then head back.