Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Anyone pulling cowbells

Has anyone had any luck with cowbells for wahoo?

Replies

• MaverickMaverick Posts: 733 Officer
    Plenty of people use them and catch fish on them all up and down the coast.  Too expensive for my taste lol.  The heavier ones can allow you to eliminate the trolling lead as well but you do want to keep the shock leader. 
    Shut Up and Fish
  • reefdonkeyreefdonkey Posts: 106 Deckhand
    Yes. We Always have one out on the flat line. Don’t need a lead but we still use one to get it well below the prop wash in clean water. Honestly I put it out to make our footprint more noticeable as much to get bit on the actual cowbell. At 15-20 mph it’s safe to say we prob blow by some fish that never noticed us . That bell is super loud and my hopes is if nothing else it gets their attention and maybe they will see something they like out of the 5 lures we are pulling. Was 2/4 last week, 1 bite was the bell. 
  • rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,176 Officer
    Were pretty much rookies so i was just asking to see if its worth the dough. Weve struck out last two trips and need to do something diffrent. We really havnt pulled high speed yet just like 10-13knots. I go on a buddies boat and were all green horns. Figured its the lures so time to try new ones. Hell Yall got any used ones for sale?thanks
  • MaverickMaverick Posts: 733 Officer
    What lures have you been pulling
    Shut Up and Fish
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,397 Officer
    Were pretty much rookies so i was just asking to see if its worth the dough. Weve struck out last two trips and need to do something diffrent. We really havnt pulled high speed yet just like 10-13knots. I go on a buddies boat and were all green horns. Figured its the lures so time to try new ones. Hell Yall got any used ones for sale?thanks

At 10 -13 knots I would say you were high speeding.
  • mikeg32225mikeg32225 Posts: 567 Officer
    Hi Rookie 
    i have 2 of them
    mikeg
    904 233116six
  • rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,176 Officer
    Maverick said:
    What lures have you been pulling
    Honestly im a rookie when it comes to trolling. We changed a bunch .
  • C2 H5 OH manC2 H5 OH man Posts: 199 Deckhand
    It’s a good thing they come with extra skirts.... Really, this was one strike. However, I disagree, that you don’t need a weight, it will come up.. So use a light weight and of course a shock leader.