Vacation head boat trip

Me and my family will be in vero beach from the 17th to the 24th. Looking to go out on a head boat. Any recommendations?  What can i expect to catch? And any tips. Im not a newbie to fishing but the majority of my fishing is fresh water with spending a fair amout of time fishing on lake erie. Just looking to get the most out of our trip. 

Replies

• mango mikemango mike Posts: 236 Deckhand
    lady chris out of ft pierce , good boat and ccrew. they catch fish and family friendly

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,793 AG
    For every minute you spend southbound on I-95.....You will cut at least 3 minutes off the boat ride to fishing grounds.
    I would start at Stuart and head south from there. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Ohio_82Ohio_82 OhioPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Taking duckmanJr advice and looking further south has anyone fished with country club drift? They look like a smaller boat with a little people fishing. I am taking my 9 year old daughter with me and this will be her first time onbthe ocean  (not the water though). So what say you guys are the a good group to fish with ot other recommendations?  
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Try Mad Sons Fishing out of Riviera / West Palm.  They only need to go 1-3 miles out of the inlet to fish the reefs and wrecks.
  • SebastianRedSebastianRed Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    PM sent
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,191 AG
    Go on IG and follow marktheshark he takes people out and catches all kinds of big fish. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • RedRichRedRich Posts: 264 Deckhand
    Jupiter has number of smaller boats that only take out 6-10 at a time like the Black Dog, Gypsy Rose, Samana, Country Club. Edge of the reef is about 5 miles out and most of these boats get there quickly. King mackerel, little tunny- bonito are very common catches that pull hard. Cobia, dolphin, blackfin tuna, sailfish, amberjack are possible. Bottom fish like snapper, porgy and grouper are common catches. The boats drift fish which is beginner friendly and the mates are usually great on the smaller boats with helping out kids. Most of these run 4 hr. trips twice a day and run about $80 not including tips for mates. The first two I listed I've fished and are great.

As beerhunter mentioned the Madson is a similar boat out of West Palm Beach.

The Ft. Pierce boat I haven't fished but I have done other head boats out of that inlet and they anchor and bottom fish which can be tougher with less experience and disappointing in my experience. 

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,793 AG
    A friend of my fishing buddy went on a head boat out of Ft. Pierce.....they broke down and limped in on one engine...and Sea tow had to pull them thru the inlet against the tide....

I would go south of there... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • SebastianRedSebastianRed Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    The Lady Chris in Ft Pierce is excellent, as are the Boats mentioned in Jupiter. Don't think you can go wrong either place. Have fished on other boat in FT Pierce and Stuart and wouldn't go back.