Dangerous structure marker

bunkerboy222bunkerboy222 Posts: 61 Greenhorn
While fishing on CR I noticed a piece of rock the size of a basketball that grew as the tide was on the way out.By low tide it was pretty noticeable.At high tide it barely was visible.Will someone put a marker if it is reported or can I do it myself.It is an accident waiting to happen and I wouldn't want to see anyone hit it and get hurt,let alone destroy their boat. 

Replies

• Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,022 Officer
    Was it outside of the channel?

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • bunkerboy222bunkerboy222 Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    Yes it was by maybe 5-10'.But as you know;the traffic during the summer with weekend warriors,scallopers and heavier boat traffic one miscue can be a disaster.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,390 Admiral
    You only saw one of those there??
    It was not a blowout low tide and I was not looking for others.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,282 AG
    problem with people marking hazards with pvc pipe is all the other idiots think they are channel markers and head right for them..

I pull every private marker I find,
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    Safety is #1 or should be in every boaters mind  Take yesterday for instance,a child was injured jn CR right near FIT boat ramp when a boater hit a channel marker.I know that piece of rock has and will be hit again. I'm just looking to save someone from a dangerous mishap.
    The injured youngster died later in the day.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,282 AG
    That man hit marker six, it is a navigational aid.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,353 Officer
    That was tough to read.
    Much more to worry about than rocks outside the channel in the big bend.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,288 Officer

When someone buys a boat for the first time the dealer or seller should ask them "If they know where the brake pedal is located".

You would not believe how many people don’t know where it’s located.

Giimoozaabi
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,022 Officer
    A  private marker on a rock could easily be mistaken for one marking a safe channel by those not accustomed to this area. Sticking to the marked channel when running at speed will keep people out of trouble. Even running a few feet out of the marked channels can prove to be a big mistake. Many have never read the fine print on their boat insurance or towing insurance concerning hard groundings outside of a marked channel.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!