Jupiter 2/2

Bought gogs and headed to 200ft off Juno. Set up a drift. Wind was too light to fly kite so drifted the gogs. Put dead sardine down about 60 ft and got 10lb king on that. Got another king on the down rod, no takers on the gogs. Trolled a small weed line back south and had a decent mahi hit the spreader bar in 260. Spit the hook. Blind trolled to 700 and picked up 1 mahi in about 660. Drifted the ledge and slow trolled gogs rest of day with no more action. 

Replies

• joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,050 Captain
    Thanks for the report.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
    Thanks for the info....What did the mahi hit?   any idea with the water temp was for the mahi hits?
  • Reel NewsReel News Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    First Mahi in 260 hit pink artificial squid trailing the spreader bar. Second hit Black Bart Mahi Candy in purple/black
    Water temp was high around 74.4 - I happened to be watching it looking for temp changes.
  • LurchyLurchy Posts: 380 Deckhand
    Sad days when you put in the time/money and slow troll live gogs on the Juno ledge without a touch.  My cuz and I have done the same a few times there the past year without a bite.. Fishing in that area has really gone downhill in my opinion.