Bergeron appointed...

2»

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,486 AG
    godvlman said:

I am told he is excited about his new position with the hopes of really being able to get some things done...   Will have to wait this one out a little bit to see if he was actually "paid off"?
    I will wait to see how it plays out..... sometimes things that seem bad...are good...and vice versa.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    H20dad said:
    FreeLiner said:
    If he successfully gets water flowing thru ENP then it is a win for everyone... all I can expect from him
    I believe there is a 10000 acre reservoir being built south of the lake for that purpose.  Water Infrastucture Act of 2018 signed late last year has funds for it.
    Lake Okeechobee is 450,000-470,000 acres. If it can’t hold all the water, what’s a 10,000 acre reservoir going to do other than make some corrupt politicians wealthier?
    It’s a phosphate sink.  Same premise as the STAs.  
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 2,786 Captain
    Your grandchildren will live to see how continueing bad decisions, bad science, and greed finished killing the Everglades, where canals and compartmentalisation began it's demise. How's that for a prediction?

• binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Nostradamus couldnt have said it better..
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,585 Captain
    edited February 2019 #36
    I voted for Bill Nelson.
    I had hoped Rick Scott would disappear from public political involvement.
    Bill Nelson readily attended meetings with a conservation organization I was involved with.
    By pure chance and luck I shared a seat next to him on a flight from Miami to Jacksonville......wonderful rambling conversation, we talked guns too, his hunt gun preference.
    Senstor Nelson enjoyed favor with Florida’s marine industry.
    As time goes on, I will support a pro environment politician regardless of their position on past or future Bear Hunt. After all, any discussion of the merits of past or near future Bear Hunt must also acknowledge future development threats and measures to reliably preserve key Bear habitat.
    Bergeron’s District board position may or may not prove as an empowerment for viable Glades restoration. So many in the past that I helped to shower conservation awards on have proven, historically, of little use.
    Would be great to hear leaders refer to, quote Art Marshall.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    So you shower them with awards before they've done anything "of much use" and then, in the end, you're disappointed by their contributions? Maybe you should change strategies. That doesn't sound like a very effective approach.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,278 Admiral
    It's just like buying drunk Chicks drinks in a bar.
    Pretty soon their coming over and sitting in your lap and headed to the house with you....you hope...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,725 Captain
    edited February 2019 #39
    FreeLiner said:
    H20dad said:
    FreeLiner said:
    If he successfully gets water flowing thru ENP then it is a win for everyone... all I can expect from him
    I believe there is a 10000 acre reservoir being built south of the lake for that purpose.  Water Infrastucture Act of 2018 signed late last year has funds for it.
    Lake Okeechobee is 450,000-470,000 acres. If it can’t hold all the water, what’s a 10,000 acre reservoir going to do other than make some corrupt politicians wealthier?
    I would guess this point like many others in your life sailed so far over your head that those trying to make the other points saw the total futility in further discourse with you, as do I. 
    H20dad said:
    FreeLiner said:
    H20dad said:
    FreeLiner said:
    I would guess this point like many others in your life sailed so far over your head that those trying to make the other points saw the total futility in further discourse with you, as do I. 
    Let me get this right....  I answered questions and did not actually give my opinion, and thats your response?    But I do agree with you.  If you dont like answers, bet to stop asking questions.   
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,138 Captain
    There is one thing that I know Ron Bergeron will do......He will work to keep the water levels in the WCAs at a proper level and not drown out the animals as has been done so often in the past during rain events....BECAUSE OF THE US DEPT OF INTERIOR RESTRICTIONS ON FLOW SOUTH UNDER THE TAMIAMI TRAIL...Bergeron has "gone to Washington" at least three times I know of to help get a "deviation" increasing flows under the Trail during too high water in the WCAs, especially WCA 3.....Only up to 6000 cfs...BUT that at least stopped the increase in the depth....You may not like what Bergeron does...We certainly have had our differences on important subjects while he was FWC Commissioner....but, he will tell you where he stands and also respect your opinion....That is way too rare in the work I have been doing for about 15 years on these issues...
  • gladesmangladesman Posts: 1,362 Officer
    edited February 2019 #42
    Have known Ron Bergeron and worked with him on quite a few issues to benefit hunters/fishers etc. for many years and was very disappointed with his Bear vote and am just getting over that -  but in the end I do believe his desire to help our Glades a lot is 100% real and sincere. His voice will be critical and probably one of the most important to the survival of hunting as we have traditionally (Gladesman Style) down here.
    gladesman said:
    Have known Ron Bergeron and worked with him on quite a few issues to benefit hunters/fishers etc. for many years and was very disappointed with his Bear vote and am just getting over that -  but in the end I do believe his desire to help our Glades a lot is 100% real and sincere. His voice will be critical and probably one of the most important to the survival of hunting as we have traditionally (Gladesman Style) down here.
    I hope you are correct. 
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 440 Deckhand
    oh man there,s so much i wanna say from drug smuggling to shooting turkeys over a feeder to doing one thing for years then telling others its bad for the enviroment.  
    meateater said:
    oh man there,s so much i wanna say from drug smuggling to shooting turkeys over a feeder to doing one thing for years then telling others its bad for the enviroment.  
    Type away.  I’m sure there’s someone here that will tell you how wrong you are.
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,334 Captain
    he does love the glades for sure . we will have to see how it works out . wonder who's getting the contracts .
    living life as i like
    So you shower them with awards before they've done anything "of much use" and then, in the end, you're disappointed by their contributions? Maybe you should change strategies. That doesn't sound like a very effective approach.
    In fact it was not.
    confidence is what you experience prior to understanding.
    I in fact was the recipient of a Notable Award and basically soon altered my outlook and involvement. Shucks, If I in fact represent awArd winning capability, what does that indicate??😎
    Next:
    Oil Well Development Eastern Conservation Area

Did I read something yesterday about permission to drill in the Glades N of the alley?
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 440 Deckhand
    he may love the glades but chisel this in stone    he,s no friend of the average public land hunter.   
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 2,786 Captain
    meateater said:
    he may love the glades but chisel this in stone    he,s no friend of the average public land hunter.   
    He’s a sick greedy bassturd with an inversely proportional ego to his size. 
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Posts: 332 Deckhand
    If we really want to start protecting out hunting quality, we need to realize that we aren't so different from the tree huggers.   They have mastered the art of moving political figures.  Some how we need their leverage.  Kind of like the Elves helping the Humans in Lord of the Rings.
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 1,106 Officer
    What’s lord of the rings?