Replies

• FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,585 Captain
    As hoped for. Outstanding.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,092 AG
    Loved him on Americas Funniest Home Videos.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 2,787 Captain
    edited January 2019 #4
    We're REALLY screwed now.
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 440 Deckhand
    no comment   my mother said if you don,t have something nice to say about someone don,t say nothing at all.    
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Posts: 332 Deckhand
    He is a major contractor, how does that help preserve land?  Conflict of interest much?
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,092 AG
    What f*cking disgrace.
    pull one developer and replace with another.
    F*ck us all.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,486 AG
    He was no superhero on the FWC board.... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,725 Captain
    No more hunting or fishing on Sfwmd land. Darn. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,278 Admiral
    His Family and I grew up in the same neighborhood , He's been a Full Track guy in the Glades forever.
    He knows hunting and Nature and the woods, and Development cause that's where he makes his money . Highways and such.
    He has had me shaking my head on some things he's brought forth while with FWC  but at least he's no gun grabbing ,NPS or Serria  Club Park Ranger...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    edited February 2019 #11
    It is a given that Developer status a prerequisite for so many Natural Resource Position.
    We, the “ Hook and Bullet” political constituency have worked hard, overtime to make this so.
    ’ Aligator Man’ development involvement has been largely outside designated/ remaining Everglades.
    Had Governor Bob Graham’s daughter gained traction in the Governor’s race her aspirations to build a Mall on “ the edge of the Everglades......”, which of course is in fact original natural Glades System lands would have become main headlines......
    Aligator Man’s past development accomplishments of less interest than his present influence.
    Governor Desantis press release wording that connects Everglades with surrounding human interest subjects reads like a passage from an Art Marshall/ John Jones Florida Wildlife Federation presentation way back when..... it is indeed time for ‘ fast forward’. And never ever upset the Developers. 
    As always, watch for Glades Restoration/ future projected water supply aspects.
    His Family and I grew up in the same neighborhood , He's been a Full Track guy in the Glades forever.
    He knows hunting and Nature and the woods, and Development cause that's where he makes his money . Highways and such.
    He has had me shaking my head on some things he's brought forth while with FWC  but at least he's no gun grabbing ,NPS or Serria  Club Park Ranger...
    If I am incorrect, please correct me, but he was the deciding vote for no more bear hunts, was he not?

I am told he was the lead push for removing some off road vehicles from the glades and he doesn’t hunt?
    Wait till these beeoch liberal transplants vote a AOC in!
    It’s like getting married.  She seemed fine until I tied the knot.  Didn’t get any and I lost half my freedom after...
    edited February 2019 #15
    During his tenure on the FWCC, Mr. Bergeron did not vote for “ no more” Bear Hunt, but rather, that particular hunt and time.
    His “ Deciding vote” will go down in history as a positive for Florida’s hunting community and the resource, in the face of a supposed and intended pro hunt “ Referendum” that the Bear Hunt was to be.A certain swirl of politics not helpful for Florida hunter, FWCC image and placement.
    While at least one “ Referendum” promoter posed on national TV with a Mossberg 500, Mr. Bergeron was not swayed. He was not the only Florida hunter of the same position and outlook.

FloridaOD said:
    During his tenure on the FWCC, Mr. Bergeron did not vote for “ no more” Bear Hunt, but rather, that particular hunt and time.
    His “ Deciding vote” will go down in history as a positive for Florida’s hunting community and the resource, in the face of a supposed and intended pro hunt “ Referendum” that the Bear Hunt was to be.A certain swirl of politics not helpful for Florida hunter, FWCC image and placement.
    While at least one “ Referendum” promoter posed on national TV with a Mossberg 500, Mr. Bergeron was not swayed. He was not the only Florida hunter of the same position and outlook.

And this is why drugs are bad, kids. 
    edited February 2019 #17
    This is why FWCC staff rarely if ever comment here....... with the exception of Diane Egmon short lived discourse.
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    edited February 2019 #18
    You have to admit, with the odd way you deliberately write, you bring it on yourself.
    edited February 2019 #19
      B)
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 2,894 Captain
    FloridaOD said:

His “ Deciding vote” will go down in history as a positive for Florida’s hunting community

You consider Rick Scott beating Bill Nelson and becoming a senator a positive for Florida's hunting community?

• binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Better than Nelson yes.. that guy Nelson is and was a glory hound baby picture taker and got on whatever bandwagon he could for decades to keep his campaign alive. The backbone of a fish. 
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 2,894 Captain
    edited February 2019 #22
    Anyone is better than Nelson. 

I'm only questioning whether OD agrees. He's intellectually trapped in a position he won't be able to defend. We all know the FWC's biology division was behind the hunt for scientific and population management reasons. We also know that Scott put pressure on the Commissioners to not have the hunt because he didn't want the hunt to be a political tool Nelson would use against him. And OD is locked into trusting the FWC thru postings he's made (most recently in this thread indicating that there's a reason the FWC doesn't post here). To trust the FWC is to trust their biologists, and to trust their biologists is to believe that a bear hunt should have happened. To argue that the bear hunt was properly delayed for scientific or conservation reasons is to deny the expertise of the FWC's biology division, a position OD isn't able to take and remain intellectually consistent.

As where the FWC's biologists have taken off the table the possibility that the bear hunt was postponed for conservation/scientific reasons, that can only leave the possibility that the bear hunt was postponed for political reasons. And as we know the political reason was Rick Scott's run against Nelson. 

Thus, when OD praises the decision of Bergeron, he can only be saying he praises the reasoning and result of that decision, the unseating of Bill Nelson. And if that's what he thinks, so be it. But if he is trying to reason any other motivation or result of the decision, he's going to be stuck on the tar baby of intellectual contradiction he isn't going to be able to pry off of. 

And the end result of all of this is that Bergeron is receiving his political payoff now for towing the party line for the advancement of the Grand 'Ol Party. 

• godvlmangodvlman Posts: 394 Deckhand
    Lets just see how "politically" paid off he was ... As when it comes to watershed, water levels and saving the Everglades, as with the animals that live within it, he has more experience than most.  Has fought to keep the Everglades alive now for years.   

I am told he is excited about his new position with the hopes of really being able to get some things done...   Will have to wait this one out a little bit to see if he was actually "paid off"?
    If he successfully gets water flowing thru ENP then it is a win for everyone... all I can expect from him
    If he successfully gets water flowing thru ENP then it is a win for everyone... all I can expect from him
    Sfwmd has tens of thousands of acres of huntable land locked up with nonsense limitations on access. 

If places like the FEB (flow equalization basis)  are opened (reopened actually) on all nonworking days to anglers and hunters and more like a wma then we have something. 

But I’ll state based upon the videos I’ve seen, personal stories I’ve heard, his bear hunt vote,  and his other actions that he is antihunting. 

Prove me wrong Ron. I won’t hold my breath though.....
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    I believe there is a 10000 acre reservoir being built south of the lake for that purpose.  Water Infrastucture Act of 2018 signed late last year has funds for it.
    That reserviour will filter water going to the calooshatchee. DUDA land
    FreeLiner said:
    I believe there is a 10000 acre reservoir being built south of the lake for that purpose.  Water Infrastucture Act of 2018 signed late last year has funds for it.
    Lake Okeechobee is 450,000-470,000 acres. If it can’t hold all the water, what’s a 10,000 acre reservoir going to do other than make some corrupt politicians wealthier?
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 2,787 Captain
    Reservoir = collector bowl to HOLD a supply of water....
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,138 Captain
    The C-43 Reservoir on the Caloosahatchee is strictly to store water during the wet season and then meter it out to the Caloosahatchee during the dry season to keep minimum flows high enough to keep the brackish estuary healthy.....If there is room in the Reservoir when a rain event happens, some Lake water can be diverted there....but that is a big IF...Lots of people keep trying to make the C-43 Reservoir something it is not....it does not clean much...it will not help prevent most damaging discharges to the Caloosahatchee during rain events.  The SFWMD spent a lot of taxpayers money to "keep the Caloosahatchee in fresh water when needed during dry times"....The west coast people should be saying "thank you Florida taxpayers"...(and the SFWMD) for keeping our ARTIFICIAL estuary brackish instead of salt water as historical before the cut was made into Lake O and the C-43 canal created...There will be a boat ramp....and public access....may be good fishing, perhaps some duck hunting...