Home General Hunting

Camp Blackbelly Youth duck hunt at T.M. Goodwin

duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,489 AG
edited January 2019 in General Hunting #1
Just a reminder that young people (under age 16) will be having their annual youth hunt weekend this Saturday and Sunday.

United Waterfowlers - Florida along with other committed volunteers and in cooperation with FWC will be putting on a great hunt for the kids. There will be overnight camping at the bird tower area if you are so inclined or you may just show up Saturday morning at normal check in time.

The Saturday morning hunt should be a good one with a one week break. The mid day can include fishing at Goodwin lake or any other water on the property.  I will be bringing my canoe out and there is also one located by the PWD blind.

Starting about 4:30 PM There will be a BBQ of Hamburgers and hot dogs and Chicken drumsticks along with chips and soda. There will also be a large pot of my Chorizo duck chili if someone would like chili or a chili dog. I also plan to bring some duck breasts to grill for the youngsters to try.

Later, We will hold a drawing for prizes for all participants.

Then,  FWC will be giving a safety talk and officer Hadwin will be bringing his K-9 partner along to visit with the kids.

Following that will be the big bonfire.

I will be out early Sunday to provide a continental breakfast for the mornings Moms , Dads and hunters.

It will not be necessary to have a permit for the hunts as they will have plenty of room in the lottery...* No kid is not getting a spot *  and people will be on hand to assist with picking the best possible areas. 

This is sure to be a great time for young and old alike...... Bring that kid out 
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,942 Captain
    Joe, I’m taking a few kids this weekend wood duck hunting. The regs aren’t very clear for youths. I’d imagine that they would have to have duck stamps, but all it states is hunting and migratory permit needed. Any idea?
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,166 Officer
    I don't think they need any licenses.   Duckman sounds like a great time.   Do you know if they will be doing anything at Guana again this year?

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,489 AG
    osprey11 said:
    I don't think they need any licenses.   Duckman sounds like a great time.   Do you know if they will be doing anything at Guana again this year?
    Yes, Trey will be handling it for UW-F... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Joe, I’m taking a few kids this weekend wood duck hunting. The regs aren’t very clear for youths. I’d imagine that they would have to have duck stamps, but all it states is hunting and migratory permit needed. Any idea?
    Children under 16 are exempt from all permit and stamp requirements...including the Fed stamp....

Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,562 Captain
    duckmanJR said:
    Children under 16 are exempt from all permit and stamp requirements...including the Fed stamp....

This.

Take a kid.....take your neighbors kid too

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,097 AG
    Joe, I think you just round up any random kid or young looking adult 
    so you can get the extra hunts in.  Admit it.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    Joe, I think you just round up any random kid or young looking adult 
    so you can get the extra hunts in.  Admit it.
    Adults cannot hunt..or I would... ;)  

I'm taking Grunt Kings son and his nephew again.... 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled