Home Off Topic

mplspug......Minnesota man arrested....again.... in St pete Beach.... this time

mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
edited June 2019 in Off Topic #1

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Replies

• tjensentjensen Posts: 359 Deckhand
    Links went to 404 pages. Now I'm curious what **** is.  
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,624 AG
    It's what your mother told you you would go blind for doing.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    And apparently this guy can't stop, even after being arrested several times.
    Must be the snow....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,597 AG
    edited January 2019 #5
    That's one hell of a title!

How can it be the snow if he was at St Pete Beach?  Did he do it during winterfest and seeing the "snow" triggered him?

BTW I am from Friendly Fridley, not Burnsville.

Captain Todd Approves

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    Maybe he should get a job as a Sheep Herder...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    mplspug said:

How can it be the snow if he was at St Pete Beach?  Did he do it during winterfest and seeing the "snow" triggered him?

Thanks
    He was arrested in South Dakota in December.

What's winterfest?
    Maybe that's not what it's called, but St Pete has a festival in December where they make snow and ice.  They have sledding and skating....so I read.

Captain Todd Approves

• King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,552 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #9
    mplspug said:

I was raised in Lakeville, MN!
    mplspug said:
    Maybe that's not what it's called, but St Pete has a festival in December where they make snow and ice.  They have sledding and skating....so I read.
    So...you know how to ice skate?
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    Do you like Sheep...?
    Just askin.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    mplspug said:
    I'm from MN, so yeah, duh. I also know how to drive a truck onto ice, drill a hole and catch fish. Well, maybe not so much catch fish as much as drink beer. I also know what a hot dish is, I gave up pop and no I don't talk like the people in Fargo which isn't even in Minnesota. However people know where I am from when I say MinneSOHtah. I have an accent.

Captain Todd Approves

Do you like Sheep...?
    Just askin.
    That's a southern thing.

Captain Todd Approves

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,074 Moderator
    mplspug said:
    mplspug said:
    I'm from MN, so yeah, duh. I also know how to drive a truck onto ice, drill a hole and catch fish. Well, maybe not so much catch fish as much as drink beer. I also know what a hot dish is, I gave up pop and no I don't talk like the people in Fargo which isn't even in Minnesota. However people know where I am from when I say MinneSOHtah. I have an accent.
    Hotdish? Tater tots or noodles?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Both.  Our favorites at the House are Mock Chow Mein and Tater Tot hotdish.

Captain Todd Approves

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,833 AG
    Desantis needs to build a wall at the northern border to keep out all undesirables. 
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,833 AG
    And deport all transplants
    I'll see what he can do the next time I see him.  

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug said:
    mplspug said:

As long as we are confessing. I worked at the Sears Tower on Lake Street for a few months. 
    OK .....I'll bite, what's "hot-dish"?
    mplspug said:
    Mock chow Mein?
    What is that?
    Sounds like a cultural disaster/insult.
    Im sure jr is quite offended.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Would you explain mock chow mein and hotdish to a southerner?
    You should have been here yesterday
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #22
    It's what your mother told you you would go blind for doing.

I always thought that was some kind of hormone thing.  Until, I poked myself in the eye!  I always were safety glasses now.
    23895.gif
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,074 Moderator
    mplspug said:
    It's what we'd call a casserole.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,871 Admiral
    Totally lost here......
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    It's what we'd call a casserole.
    Thanks 
    You should have been here yesterday
    edited January 2019 #26
    Sounds like you just take the left overs, add a can of soup and some pasta and bake it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdish

Typical ingredients in hotdish are potatoes or pasta, ground beef, green beans, and corn, with canned soup added as a binder, flavoring and sauce. Potatoes may be in the form of tater tots, hash browns, potato chips, or shoe string potatoes. The dish is usually seasoned lightly with salt and pepper, and it may be eaten with ketchup as a condiment. Another popular hotdish is the tuna hotdish, made with macaroni or egg noodles, canned tuna, peas, and mushroom soup. Also common is a dish known as goulash, though it bears no resemblance to the familiar Hungarian goulash. Minnesota goulash is usually made with ground beef, macaroni, canned tomatoes, and perhaps a can of creamed corn.

Cream of mushroom soup is so ubiquitous in hotdish that it is often referred to in such recipes as “Lutheran Binder,” referring to hotdish's position as a staple of Lutheran church cookbooks. The soup is considered a defining ingredient by some commentators.[6]

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    I had a gfriend from Minnesota once, she talked like someone right outta the movie Fargo.

I'd be layin it to her and she'd be screamin "Oh Gad! Oh Gad!!! Oh GAAD!! Oh JEEZ!! OH JEEZ GAADDDD!!

Hotdish was what she was.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    I thought a "hot dish" was when you sat on a chick's chest and...never mind.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,697 AG
    I had a gfriend from Minnesota once, she talked like someone right outta the movie Fargo.

I'd be layin it to her and she'd be screamin "Oh Gad! Oh Gad!!! Oh GAAD!! Oh JEEZ!! OH JEEZ GAADDDD!!

Hotdish was what she was.
    layin what?

Mash?
    Pipe?
    Hose?
    Shingles?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,352 Admiral
    What a derail, look where this thread started and how in the heck did it turn into a food discussion. 
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    edited February 2019 #31

Slough
    said:
    What a derail, look where this thread started and how in the heck did it turn into a food discussion. 
    Well? What's your point?
    Who wants to talk about another crazy, perverted, fool from Minnesota?