Home General Hunting

delete

Replies

• FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,206 Officer
    Do yall have an issue with me? I am mature enough to try and resolve it. Why dont we talk and try to figure things out rather than just insulting me. That goes for the both of ya. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,931 AG
    ANUMBER1 do you even have a college education?  Or do you need Duckman to hold you hand because you’re insecure. Everyone knows country boys don’t wear flat brimmed hats thems the city boys.  Or does you son and daughter wear one and that’s why they **** you off...
    I didn't spend 8 years in Jr collage fer nutting.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,489 AG
    ANUMBER1 do you even have a college education?  Or do you need Duckman to hold you hand because you’re insecure. Everyone knows country boys don’t wear flat brimmed hats thems the city boys.  Or does you son and daughter wear one and that’s why they **** you off...
    You should offer to kick his asp.... Dont take no BS from that guy.... I bet with that college education you will be able to juke that old man out of his socks and lay a smack down on him...You should definitely do this !
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Posts: 332 Deckhand
    Now your tough guys.  Easy to pick on Matt.  I hate bullying, you two are common transplant trash.  
    And Duckman I’ve been reading your fixes on here for awhile.  You have no clue what you’re talking about and you have your own agenda.  So go back to wherever you came from.   All of you retiree squatters go back.  That’s the fix.  Florida will grow back then.
    Now your tough guys.  Easy to pick on Matt.  I hate bullying, you two are common transplant trash.  
    **  You're **   So much for that college education you are so proud of....  LOL
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    I rest my case.  Good luck Duckman.
    And Duckman I’ve been reading your fixes on here for awhile.  You have no clue what you’re talking about and you have your own agenda.  So go back to wherever you came from.   All of you retiree squatters go back.  That’s the fix.  Florida will grow back then.
    Sorry sonny boy....but I have been here long before you were born......and I'm not going anywhere.

PS...Please tell me about "my agenda"....I love this stuff  
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 5,701 Admiral
    C'mon guys, next thing you know they will eliminate the hunting forum like they did with politics. ;)  

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

I appreciate you sticking up for me, anyone can be a tough guy behind a computer screen  :D You can tell who are the jerks on here because rather than communicate and try to come to a mutual agreement on what could benefit both opposing parties and figure out what the origins of the issue are, even after a proposition to do so has been portrayed, they would still just rather antagonize and degrade, rather than work for the betterment of the FS community. What can you do though? 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    I wish we could hunt the sandhill cranes.  I almost hit them rolling out early in my airboat.  As for Florida, it's over, enjoy and pillage what you can.  They have been clearing land non-stop in my area, Brevard, with no end in sight.  New billion dollar mall going in, 25k homes.  All so someone can turn a profit.  Law makes and FWC are useless.  When someone's got money they win every time.  Unless your a liberal the whine win's for them.  Conservatives are too proud to speak out and fight back so we must own that.

Top paragraph is the argument of ignorance but hey, if I makes sense to you by all means embrace it!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • hunterjwhunterjw Posts: 412 Deckhand
    I remember when this forum had real hunting reports.  People posted real deer pictures and successful hunts.  Unfortunately the majority of those have left the forum.  I think social media has taken the majority of that market share.  

Oh ya and the FL Sportsman archive had a wealth of hunting and fishing information until the system crashed and all of it was lost!  

To the OP.  I am sorry the SH Crane encroaches on the habitat that was previously his that your house now sits on.   :'(

"He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"

I agree this forum used to be good.  Unfortunately everything you post on here that can promote another hunter or fisher into the field is going to be your direct competition.  Florida is so saturated with hunters and fishers that the average guy is getting pushed out.  Leases are 5k-10k in my area.  I can't afford that with two kids in daycare.  I think the current state of this forum is a symptom of fed up outdoors-man and women.  All we have done is give and give and give.  All people do is take and take and take.
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 820 Officer
    I appreciate you sticking up for me, anyone can be a tough guy behind a computer screen  :D You can tell who are the jerks on here because rather than communicate and try to come to a mutual agreement on what could benefit both opposing parties and figure out what the origins of the issue are, even after a proposition to do so has been portrayed, they would still just rather antagonize and degrade, rather than work for the betterment of the FS community. What can you do though? 
      Interesting comment from a guys who POST " I hate the type of people that move to this state man." and "transplant trash" Anyone not a Florida cracker should be expelled from the state, denied hunting privileges or at least be relegated to a sub-resident status below FLOGROWN. You *might* run into some problems with your posts when/if FWC aka Warden positions does it's due diligence for prospective hires.

Just **** have you guys done in your "short" lives to aid Florida's Outdoor Recreation prospects?? The people you trash put in their TIME/Effort to match their opinions.

The whole country is moving away from outdoor sports because of a cultural shift to "MetroMen" . Enjoy whats left while you can...
    You can deny that people moving here are cause for a lot of these issues.  And I’m talking the masses over the last ten years.  So of course they are demonized in my point of view. I’m ok with people living in the cities and leaving me alone in the woods.  Why are we promoting people to go outdoors.  Let them sit in the cubes and stop bringing light to the freedoms we still have!
    The keys has it figured out.  They analyze every new build from a ecological impact standpoint.  That needs to be done all through 
    Florida.  Everyone is talking about treating symptoms when the root cause is too many people moving here (period)
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    I agree this forum used to be good.  Unfortunately everything you post on here that can promote another hunter or fisher into the field is going to be your direct competition.  Florida is so saturated with hunters and fishers that the average guy is getting pushed out.  Leases are 5k-10k in my area.  I can't afford that with two kids in daycare.  I think the current state of this forum is a symptom of fed up outdoors-man and women.  All we have done is give and give and give.  All people do is take and take and take.
    I dont even ask my inner circle what's hot and what's not unless I plan to show up at the ramp or woods the next morning to hunt or fish.. why would anyone put out a specific report other than the bite is on,or the birds are here etc? Ask Big Mak what I tell him all the time, meet me in the morning ill take ya there. Few yrs back I jumped a big buck, told the wrong person and he brought the entire Palm bch arsenal, dogs buggies,airboats, rocket ships u name it and they killed it.. stupid me right. Thats why people dont post things anymore, loose lips ruin spots.
    Surfers been doing this for decades.. want to ruin a nice break tell someone about it

You can still learn a lot off this forum,but you got to know how to read between the lines. 

The thing that bothers me about forums is the continuous posting of success.  People out of state go on the internet looking for a place to go and bam Duckmans slaying the snook we should go there!
    GRIZZL said:
      Interesting comment from a guys who POST " I hate the type of people that move to this state man." and "transplant trash" Anyone not a Florida cracker should be expelled from the state, denied hunting privileges or at least be relegated to a sub-resident status below FLOGROWN. You *might* run into some problems with your posts when/if FWC aka Warden positions does it's due diligence for prospective hires.

Just **** have you guys done in your "short" lives to aid Florida's Outdoor Recreation prospects?? The people you trash put in their TIME/Effort to match their opinions.

The whole country is moving away from outdoor sports because of a cultural shift to "MetroMen" . Enjoy whats left while you can...
    Lol picking words I see. I said I dont like the type of people that move here and complain about the lifestyle and try to develop all the woods and water. That was essentially my statement. I think I almost said that verbatim. 
    I do go out of my way to help clean up the woods if thats what youre asking. Not patting myself on the back but as an outdoorsman who uses the woods and waters of Florida frequently, I think its partly our job to help clean it up even if its not our fault. 
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,660 Captain
    The keys has it figured out.  They analyze every new build from a ecological impact standpoint.  That needs to be done all through 
    Florida.  Everyone is talking about treating symptoms when the root cause is too many people moving here (period)
    That’s one of the funniest, or may most ignorant, things I’ve ever heard. Any “ecological” restrictions put into law in the Keys came from a bunch of people who moved there from somewhere else, and then didn’t want anyone else to be able to live where they do. It has zero to do with ecology. It’s backfiring bad on them now. It’s been hard to find people who do service jobs for a while, because of the lack of affordable housing. Since the hurricane, it’s gotten worse. I was in Key West last Friday, and probably 7-10 places had help wanted signs in their windows. 
    Have you ever tried to buy land in the keys?  There are a lot of hoops, but it's still very possible.  It's based on a three tier system.  If your in a sensitive area they won't let you build.  Has nothing to do with restricting people and everything to do with protecting the environment.  People can build where the is no impact.
    pottydoc said:
    That’s one of the funniest, or may most ignorant, things I’ve ever heard. Any “ecological” restrictions put into law in the Keys came from a bunch of people who moved there from somewhere else, and then didn’t want anyone else to be able to live where they do. It has zero to do with ecology. It’s backfiring bad on them now. It’s been hard to find people who do service jobs for a while, because of the lack of affordable housing. Since the hurricane, it’s gotten worse. I was in Key West last Friday, and probably 7-10 places had help wanted signs in their windows. 
    The reason they can't get hourly work in the keys is because the cost of living is high.  It's not like Boca where the hourly workers can drive to cheaper housing and live.  Even if they opened up the building restrictions down there the cost would still be high, just a lot more rich people and pollution.  You know, like the rest of Florida...
    Mitigation land to swap for permits to build in a sensitive area.

Been done for a while now..
    There is no such thing as mitigation land in the keys.  Mitigation land is a joke.  Pretty much gives people a loop hole to build on water or create a bunch oh houses without much push back.  But hey, you transplants, your here now, be cognizant that the people coming after you are going to ruin the things you came here to enjoy in the first place.  So whether we like each other or not we live with the same consequences.  If I deterred anyone from living, hunting, or fishing in my area with this thread.  I succeeded to today.
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,919 Captain
    I dont even ask my inner circle what's hot and what's not unless I plan to show up at the ramp or woods the next morning to hunt or fish.. why would anyone put out a specific report other than the bite is on,or the birds are here etc? Ask Big Mak what I tell him all the time, meet me in the morning ill take ya there. Few yrs back I jumped a big buck, told the wrong person and he brought the entire Palm bch arsenal, dogs buggies,airboats, rocket ships u name it and they killed it.. stupid me right. Thats why people dont post things anymore, loose lips ruin spots.
    Surfers been doing this for decades.. want to ruin a nice break tell someone about it

You can still learn a lot off this forum,but you got to know how to read between the lines. 

Big Mak won't kill any of your deer or ducks, hell, I've tried to give him numbers.

His boy on the other hand will flat wear the deer out.

I guess I am a transplant as my father was working in Ga when I was born even though I have family here going back several generations..

I've got ten acres of marsh in the middle on a state park, I'd bet that could be swapped to fill 50' of mangroves in Monroe county..

Face it Flogrown Flatbrimer, I'm pretty sure you ruined it for some of my generation..
    I always wanted to take a dump on that island.  At least I know whose it is now!
    pottydoc said:
    The reason they can't get hourly work in the keys is because the cost of living is high.  It's not like Boca where the hourly workers can drive to cheaper housing and live.  Even if they opened up the building restrictions down there the cost would still be high, just a lot more rich people and pollution.  You know, like the rest of Florida...
    Uhhh..., that’s pretty much what I said. The lower income people who do those jobs can’t afford to live there because there is almost zero housing they can afford. The hurricane made it even worse. And I was there when they passed all that ROGRO stuff. I know who pushed it through. Heck, they’re still spouting it now. The local online paper is full of Yankees complaining about all the tourists visiting, and all the new people buying up lots and building on them.  The ecological stuff was just a tool to get it done. And, not that it really matters, but neither Art or I are transplants. 
    By the way, your opinion won’t sway anybody as far as where they’ll live, fish, or hunt. No one really gives a dang what you think.
    Well it was all I could do.  You can also try and keep it down so that we can have it a little longer.  Billionaires are chasing off millionaires anymore and when they come here they pay a lot to hunt.  If not, enjoy the sH!tty water, people sitting in your tree stands, traffic, and lesser odds on quotas.