Home Off Topic

Another crazy Aussie

mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,414 Admiral
Here    is how you catch a wild pig while barefoot using a trashcan lid.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Replies

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,414 Admiral
    Here is how you catch a Western gray Kangaroo by crawling in side of a road kill Emu....Simple

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,353 Admiral
    Pigs ruined my property. I would go out in my F 350 at night and come across  about 25 of them. I could have run them over and had lots of meat, but couldn't do it. Eventually trappers got them gone in about a year and and  a half.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,541 Admiral
    They'll be back.  You can't get rid of them for long.
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,437 Captain
    I saw him years ago. He went to Africa and walked around a pride of lions for a while, then preached about how everything we know about lions is wrong and they really are not dangerous to people unless provoked.

Tell that to the Africans who find their childrens' beds torn to bloody shreds after lions enter and carry them off in the dark of the night. Its very easy for a privileged white boy to preach about how harmless big predators are when he isn't the one who lives around them 24/7. Its actually quite shocking how normal it is for lions, leopards, and tigers, to boldly enter the homes or boats of poor people living in the third world and make off with them or a family member. 

Its one thing to just be naively stupid about nature. Its another thing to present a false narrative in the name of conservation that trivializes the lives of people who have to live around large dangerous predators in the third world. It makes me sick and its a pet peeve of mine. 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,414 Admiral
    Remember Timothy Treadwell?
    There was never any doubt in my mind that he was nuts. I was not surprised to hear about his horrific end.

I never understood why Steve Irwin would insist on handling the most deadly snakes. I saw no need to pick it up, just leave it.

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,554 AG
    I was going to say something about Treadwell.  You say you are just hearing about his death now?  I think I saw a documentary of him and how he and his girlfriend died some time ago. 

Hate to say it, but it probably ended tin the best possible way.  I can't stand these idiots who try proving dangerous animals aren't dangerous.  

Captain Todd Approves

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    stc1993 said:
    They'll be back.  You can't get rid of them for long.

Aussies?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Here    is how you catch a wild pig while barefoot using a trashcan lid.

Their wild pigs must be slower than ours. I wish the entire chase could have been filmed.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral

Treadwell had it coming in spades. The fact that he dragged his girlfriend out there to her death too makes him a POS, in my opinion. Sure he didn't force her into the plane but he probably reassured her over and over how "these bears aren't really that dangerous".

Uhhh. Yes. Yes they are.

tankard said:

Treadwell had it coming in spades. The fact that he dragged his girlfriend out there to her death too makes him a POS, in my opinion. Sure he didn't force her into the plane but he probably reassured her over and over how "these bears aren't really that dangerous".

Uhhh. Yes. Yes they are.

He got two grizzly bears killed as well. They wacked two bears when retrieving what was left of the idiots.

• JWTJWT Posts: 726 Officer