Home Off Topic

Pagans and Mongrols...

Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,003 Admiral
Was headed up 75 today just north of Tampa and had first the Pagans then an hour later the Mongrels Motorcycle folks come riding by.
About 40 total in 2 groups.
You could see they kinda owned the road.
Must be a heck of a Party somewhere tonight...
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    I always see Outlaws when I'm down that way. Who runs the show down there?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,417 Admiral

Now that hat you mentioned it....
    I saw about 10 Pagans headed south on I-75 last night around 11. 

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,872 Captain
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,541 Admiral
    CA & the Feds took Mongols patches in CA.

No Mongols patches allowed in CA anymore.

By the way it's Mongols not Mongrols.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,123 Admiral
    stc1993 said:
    CA & the Feds took Mongols patches in CA.

No Mongols patches allowed in CA anymore.

By the way it's Mongols not Mongrols.
    A jury in Santa Ana, Califorina is now considering the government's racketeering case against Mongols Nation, the parent organization that owns the group's iconic logo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6488123/Feds-seek-seize-trademark-Mongol-biker-gangs-notorious-logo.html

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    California leads America in new ideas, yet many people hate California.  Hard to figure.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr said:
    California leads America in new ideas, yet many people hate California.  Hard to figure.

You said "new", not "good".

On a percentage basis, please breakdown CA's good ideas vs. the other 49 states good ideas.

I wish CA would secede from the USA. They could put their own wall up too.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Tacos
    Mister-Jr said:
    Tacos

I'm under the impression that tacos originated further south than CA, but they are delicious so I won't debate the point.

• ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    GA Fin said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Tacos

I'm under the impression that tacos originated further south than CA, but they are delicious so I won't debate the point.
    There's a difference?
    Deo Vindice
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,181 Captain
    GA Fin said:
    I always see Outlaws when I'm down that way. Who runs the show down there?
    Discovery and the History channels. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #14
    Mister-Jr said:
    I don't hate california, I just think the cost of living far exceeds what one gets in return.  I mean, if California is so great, why do you currently live in Florida?  This is just like the electric car thing, where you are all talk but don't actually practice what you preach.  Based on your posts one would think you live in California driving a plug in.  Yet you live in Florida with a pure gas vehicle....  smh

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    Mongols have a club here in my home town, never hear of any problems..
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Pardon my ignorance, but are these clubs not considered violent criminal enterprises, or are they just misunderstood?
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,541 Admiral
    That's what usually gets them the RICO act.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,275 Captain
    edited January 2019 #20
    Pardon my ignorance, but are these clubs not considered violent criminal enterprises, or are they just misunderstood?
    With the 1%er / Harley riders, it depends on the club.

For the most part, civilians have no worries.

Out in public, patch-holders are often on "best behavior".

Keep in mind that like most people, there's a "mirror effect".
    Act like a butthead, and you're quite likely to be treated the same.

There probably are clubs that, in fact, are criminal organizations.

Others are not, and unlawful activity by members is kept at arms length.

The quickest way to get unwanted attention from a biker is a camera.
    Taking a "sneak shot" isn't clever ... it's stupid.
    Most riders are proud of their bikes, and their cut-off decorations.
    Ask politely, and more than likely it'll be cool.

But, others might have significant objections. 

Be cool.

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    tunaman said:
    Mongols have a club here in my home town, never hear of any problems..
    Mongolia is a pretty quiet country. Even though they are sandwiched between two bad guys. 
    Polar said:

So that’s what happened to that cyclist guy?!
    kellercl said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    I don't hate california, I just think the cost of living far exceeds what one gets in return.  I mean, if California is so great, why do you currently live in Florida?  This is just like the electric car thing, where you are all talk but don't actually practice what you preach.  Based on your posts one would think you live in California driving a plug in.  Yet you live in Florida with a pure gas vehicle....  smh
    I own a business in Florida, that relies on my Florida based customers. At my age, I'm not about to start over, 
    So you have reasons for not wanting to live in California, just like we do.  Huh, go figure.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    edited January 2019 #26
    kellercl said:
    So you have reasons for not wanting to live in California, just like we do.  Huh, go figure.  
    I have reasons other than I don't want to, or I hate the place and the people. 

Sometime around 1976, I got a job working for a company in Tampa, Pullman Holt.  They manufactured industrial HEPA vacuum cleaners and was owned by Clorox Corp.  I was in the marketing department and interacted in a number of ways with their national distributors. 

After about a year, they had an opening in the CA marketing dept and wanted to know if I would go to Los Angles run the warehouse and interview applicants for the West Coast marketing manager.  Sure, I was young, no commitments in Tampa so I jumped at the chance.  Ultimately, I ended up living in Long Beach for a year and fell in love with LA. 

After a year, everything was squared away and I was transferred to Atlanta to be the regional manager for the Southeast.  I  remembered my time in LA fondly and try to get back to CA when I can. my new favorite place San Fransicso.  

In 1996 I opened my own business in Florida and still run that.  Boca is a good place to live, but I still miss CA.
    It’s obvious you haven’t been to California in a long time. Especially San Fran. It’s a real crap hole. 
    edited January 2019 #28
    Mister, we all have our reasons, your reasons are no better than mine.  I have a family and don't like the extreme cost of living.  I would rather my children have a well funded 529a account.  So tell me, what is wrong with my reasons?  What makes your reasons better? 

-Walter Payton
    Isn't this thread about motorcycle gangs?
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    You know who started the mongo's don't you?