Home Off Topic

stupid games

2»

Replies

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,424 Admiral

Talmage Newton, Hendren’s attorney, was asked about the judge’s characterization that the shooting was not an accident.

“This case is at the very beginning. The police report is not complete,” Newton said. “Any of the facts in evidence are not in the public domain right now. The statements made right now are based purely on the state’s allegations – the complaint and the charging document. I again urge everyone to keep an open mind and wait to see all of the facts when they come out.”

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner also spoke to the media outside the courtroom.

“My office is dedicated to getting to the bottom of this. This is a serious case,” she said. “Katlyn’s family deserves that. The community deserves answers and we’re going to put the full weight of our office to investigate this case as well as get to the bottom this.”

https://fox2now.com/2019/01/31/judge-said-actions-of-officer-who-shot-his-colleague-were-intentional/
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    edited February 2019 #33
    I agree with the judge.

"“Unholstering the firearm – an intentional action. Loading it – intentional action. Reloading it – intentional action. Pointing it – intentional."

No one with fire arms training can disagree with the above.  Even if they didn't mean for it to happen. The extreme recklessness was intentional.  If this were a car accident no one would argue.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral

They still follow the Blue Code when it's one of their own. I guess living cops are more important than dead ones.

Unbelievable.

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    I agree with the judge.

"“Unholstering the firearm – an intentional action. Loading it – intentional action. Reloading it – intentional action. Pointing it – intentional."

No one with fire arms training can disagree with the above.  Even if they didn't mean for it to happen. The extreme recklessness was intentional.  If this were a car accident no one would argue.
    While I agree with you, I don't think the shooter's story is true. It's the lie they think will fly IMO.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    Yep, I'm with you on that.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,257 Captain
    GA Fin said:

While I agree with you, I don't think the shooter's story is true. It's the lie they think will fly IMO.
    They must have still been high when they came up with that story.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,125 Admiral
    On Tuesday, Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner, who is tasked with investigating the killing of 24-year-old officer Katlyn Alix, said police had used an "obstructionist tactic" during the investigation of her death. Gardner also said police had initially called the shooting an accident, which was "completely inappropriate."
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,545 Admiral
    I read the cops blocked the intial investigation.  Refused to give them a blood test.  I can't remember if they gave them a breathtest or urinalysis.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,069 Admiral
    I hope some of our LEOs chime in with their thoughts.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    I hope some of our LEOs chime in with their thoughts.

Don't hold your breath.

They generally avoid threads like this. You know, where cops behave like complete idiots.

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,363 Admiral
    Plus if someone is aing the gun at you you can see where the round is in the wheel, unless at extremely close range.