Home Off Topic

stupid games

mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
I have a really hard time understanding this.
It's difficult to believe that it happened as reported.

St. Louis cop charged in Russian Roulette shooting death of fellow officer, police say

“The defendant emptied the cylinder of the revolver and then put one cartridge back into the cylinder. He spun the cylinder and pointed it away and pulled the trigger. The gun did not fire at this point. The victim took the gun and then pointed the gun at the defendant and pulled the trigger. The gun still did not fire. The defendant took the gun back and pointed it at the victim pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge. The victim was struck in the chest. The victim subsequently died from the gunshot wound to the chest.”

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/katlyn-alix-katelyn/

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Replies

• jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,931 Captain
    I have a really hard time understanding this.
    It's difficult to believe that it happened as reported.

St. Louis cop charged in Russian Roulette shooting death of fellow officer, police say

“The defendant emptied the cylinder of the revolver and then put one cartridge back into the cylinder. He spun the cylinder and pointed it away and pulled the trigger. The gun did not fire at this point. The victim took the gun and then pointed the gun at the defendant and pulled the trigger. The gun still did not fire. The defendant took the gun back and pointed it at the victim pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge. The victim was struck in the chest. The victim subsequently died from the gunshot wound to the chest.”

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/katlyn-alix-katelyn/

I don't believe it. There's more to this than what's reported.
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    Good to know the best and brightest are out there keeping the streets safe.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,127 Admiral
    tankard said:
    Good to know the best and brightest are out there keeping the streets safe.
    BOOM

To soon?
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    tankard said:
    Good to know the best and brightest are out there keeping their secrets safe.
    FIFY

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Blue code.

I do wonder what really happened. Are they that stupid?

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Twenty somethings. 
    All you need to know.  
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral

Maybe she knew he had a vest and he thought she had a vest.....?
    Maybe she forgot she wasn't wearing a vest?
    Maybe it was a small caliber revolver and they figured the vest would stop the bullet...maybe they had done this kind of thing before?

Unless there is a piece missing...….

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    That's the kind of Cop that would shoot you on a Traffic Stop...by Accident...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    That's the kind of Cop that would shoot you on a Traffic Stop...by Accident...
    16 times.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,067 Captain
    edited January 2019 #11
    The first obvious thing that sticks out was that the gun would have to be a revolver.  I seriously doubt there’s a PD in the Country that still carries them. Maybe a back up, but most of them are sub compact semi autos anymore. Like others have said, more to this than we are reading.

Edit: Or, after reading the entire article (missed the link the first time), maybe they were both just stupid. 

Ya think?

But one isn't stupid anymore, she's dead. Hey, at least we got these idiots off the streets...

He has a big old shiner in his mugshot. Wonder what that's all about.

Looks like a real **** too, soccer haircut and all.

Glad that dangerous guy is off the streets.

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    Definitely much more happening here
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    pottydoc said:
    The first obvious thing that sticks out was that the gun would have to be a revolver.  I seriously doubt there’s a PD in the Country that still carries them. Maybe a back up, but most of them are sub compact semi autos anymore. Like others have said, more to this than we are reading.

Edit: Or, after reading the entire article (missed the link the first time), maybe they were both just stupid. 
    It was in the guy's home.  Probably not one of their service weapons but doesn't seem unlikely that he'd have a revolver "to play with."  Who doesn't?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral

She was married.

She was off duty.

She was at another(not her husband's) cop's house at 0100.

That cop was a male.

That cop was on duty.

That cop killed her.

I smell a rat.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

Drugs or alcohol might have played a role in the shooting death of a St. Louis police officer who was allegedly playing a Russian roulette-like game with one of her colleagues, a St. Louis prosecutor said Tuesday.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner also said police officers interfered with her investigators after the shooting.

Police say Officer Nathaniel Hendren, 29, shot Officer Katlyn Alix, 24, in his apartment early Thursday in the presence of a third officer. Hendren and Alix were taking turns pointing a revolver loaded with single cartridge at each other, police say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/29/russian-roulette-st-louis-cop-shooting-drugs-alcohol/2716202002/

Since the shooter was an on duty cop the taxpayers of STL will be paying the dead cop's family millions of dollars.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,031 Admiral
    Definitely more to the story. 3 cops and not one thought it was a bad idea .I read it was a 357
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    I’d bet they were playing other “games” before the Russian Roulette one started. The ignorance it takes to do something like this is pretty much off the charts. The report about drugs/alcohol being involved doesn’t surprise me. 
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, modern police training creates sociopaths that aren't much different from the criminals they claim to "protect" us from...
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    edited January 2019 #22
    tankard said:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, modern police training creates sociopaths that aren't much different from the criminals they claim to "protect" us from...
    Creates, or Attracts? Doesnt seem to weed out, thats obvious.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    tankard said:
    Creates, or Attracts? Doesnt seem to weed out, thats obvious.

Hmmm...good question. I'd say a bit of both.

Can a person actually be “too smart” to be a cop in America?

federal court’s decision back in 2000 suggests that, yes, you actually can be.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-court-ruled-you-can-be-too-smart-to-be-a-cop/5420630

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    1 down
    2 to go
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.

My rumor mill says that they are turning the non shooter cop with immunity to get the real story.

My rumor mill also says that the dead female's pants were not on properly(suggesting someone else put them on her) and that there as cocaine found at the scene.

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,197 AG
    National news says the shooter bashed his head into a car on purpose therefore providing himself with a personalized shiner.  
    Warning Level 2
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Nothing good happens after midnight 
    edited January 2019 #29
    SAENole said:
    National news says the shooter bashed his head into a car on purpose therefore providing himself with a personalized shiner.  

The rumor I heard says he had that injury prior to head butting the car. It will be interesting to see how well my rumor mill stands up.

• JWTJWT Posts: 726 Officer
    interesting to see where this goes. the prosecutor is saying the police refused to take blood samples of the two officers & instead took urine samples under Garrity rights (cannot be used in court). if this didn't smell before it is sure starting to now!
    Yup. Plus, I’ve never heard of Russian roulette played by aiming at your chest, either. I freely admit I’m not an expert on the game, but that does seem a little strange. The chances this went down like the two cops are saying is pretty much zero.