Home Off Topic

Can I be sickened and outraged at the same time?

Replies

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    GA Fin said:
    How would common ground be found in an environment where there can be no study or any effort at all undertaken to possibly find ways to reduce gun violence?
    What? Study away. Make all the effort you want to find a way to reduce gun violence.
    Hard to do when certain groups have quashed all debate and nipped any and all efforts in the bud for decades., so going so far as to pass laws preventing studies.

Lava may help get the blood of their hands, but I'd be happy if they just stop with their nonsense that they give a **** about the dead children.

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,543 AG
    GA Fin said:
    How would common ground be found in an environment where there can be no study or any effort at all undertaken to possibly find ways to reduce gun violence?
    What? Study away. Make all the effort you want to find a way to reduce gun violence.
    Hard to do when certain groups have quashed all debate and nipped any and all efforts in the bud for decades., so going so far as to pass laws preventing studies.

Lava may help get the blood of their hands, but I'd be happy if they just stop with their nonsense that they give a **** about the dead children.

Funny when one side of the spectrum talks about dead children, while advocating killing children.
      Wait, maybe it really isn’t funny?
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    edited February 2019 #34
    GA Fin said:
    Despite the distraction hammers, cars, and locked fire doors don't make guns any less deadly.
    Despite the distraction guns don't make hammers, cars, and locked fire doors any less deadly
    You seem confused again.  Let's be a bit more direct:

If not as a distraction, why did you bring up hammers in the aped title and then the rest in response to a gun thread?

Not a distraction at all. The point of this thread was to show you can commit a mass homicide with something as simple as a hammer.

You can also use an airliner, a car, a box truck loaded with fertilizer and diesel fuel, a machete, a bomb, a can of gas or your imagination.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    edited February 2019 #35
    dave44 said:
    GA Fin said:

Funny when one side of the spectrum talks about dead children, while advocating killing children.
    At least we can have hearings, litigation, legislation, and debate about abortion, no such luxury when it comes to fragging elementary school kids though.

Why are they so afraid of their tentative constitutional position?

Oh, and please try to stay on topic, it's not a good look for your ilk.
    GA Fin said:

Study all you want. There is no law stopping YOU.

Talk about the dead kids while advocating for mass murder of babies. Nice.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    dave44 said:
    GA Fin said:

Excellent point.

edited February 2019 #38
    GA Fin said:
    GA Fin said:

Study all you want. There is no law stopping YOU.

Talk about the dead kids while advocating for mass murder of babies. Nice.

Simply incapable of staying on topic, Sad. Try your fake news somewhere else.
    edited February 2019 #39
    dave44 said:
    GA Fin said:

At least we can have hearings, litigation, legislation, and debate about abortion, no such luxury when it comes to fragging elementary school kids though.

Why are they so afraid of their tentative constitutional position?

Oh, and please try to stay on topic, it's not a good look for your ilk.

The biggest danger to a school kid's life is traveling to and from school, not being shot at school.

In my 56 years on this earth there has not been 1 kid shot in a local school. I'd guess a couple hundred local kids have died in motor vehicle accidents.

I'd guess more people die from insect stings each year than die in mass shooting at schools. Let's ban bees!

GA Fin said:

The biggest danger to a school kid's life is traveling to and from school, not being shot at school.

In my 56 years on this earth there has not been 1 kid shot in a local school. I'd guess a couple hundred local kids have died in motor vehicle accidents.

I'd guess more people die from insect stings each year than die in mass shooting at schools. Let's ban bees!

Fret not little buddy, change is coming soon, perhaps a declaration of a national emergency on the issue to finally test the constitutional muster.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    GA Fin said:

Fret not little buddy, change is coming soon, perhaps a declaration of a national emergency on the issue to finally test the constitutional muster.
    Are you talking about the 1st amendment?
    GA Fin said:

No worries. I have thousands of rounds of ammo and all sorts of deadly weapons. I'm ready.

My local Sheriff supports 2A and I've never personally met any military personnel that did not support 2A.

There are not enough liberal federal agents to confiscate so I say: Bring it on!

The federal government can't even secure the border against mostly unarmed people. You think they have a chance against millions of armed and motivated people? I don't.

The Chicago PD can't stop gang bangers from killing each other.

Six years ago one man went rogue and police were hysterical. One man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt

Your dream of a liberal utopia to rival current day Venezuela will not happen as a result of disarming conservatives. You may be able to achieve it though other means such as voter fraud, shackling minorities by making them dependent on the government and raising taxes to kill the middle class and forcing the job creating wealthy folks to leave.

Maybe the Russians will step in to help you like they are helping Maduro. 

GA Fin said:

He probably is. Leftists hate freedom of speech. That is, unless they agree with it.

Look no further than Cal Berkeley or Antifa to see it in action.

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,125 Admiral
    edited February 2019 #44
    GA Fin said:

Already been done, see J20 or any of the designated protest zones.
    next up....
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    GA Fin said:
    GA Fin said:
    Despite the distraction hammers, cars, and locked fire doors don't make guns any less deadly.
    Despite the distraction guns don't make hammers, cars, and locked fire doors any less deadly
    You seem confused again.  Let's be a bit more direct:

If not as a distraction, why did you bring up hammers in the aped title and then the rest in response to a gun thread?

Not a distraction at all. The point of this thread was to show you can commit a mass homicide with something as simple as a hammer.

You can also use an airliner, a car, a box truck loaded with fertilizer and diesel fuel, a machete, a bomb, a can of gas or your imagination.

I could stop a guy with a hammer, not so much someone trying to shoot me from the 27th floor of a hotel.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr said:
     I could stop a guy with a hammer, not so much someone trying to shoot me from the 27th floor of a hotel.

So you would outlaw a bolt action hunting rifle with a 5 round capacity in a detachable box magazine like a Browning A Bolt 30:06?

BTW, you probably could not stop me if I had a hammer. This ain't the movies. The guy with the hammer that strikes first will win every time.

edited February 2019 #47

For the record, I am saying that a guy that is a good shot and has several bolt action 30:06 rifles could kill more than the gunman in Vegas did with his AR variants and novelty stocks.

I have bolt guns and AR's. If I'm in the Vegas hotel room and I have to choose I'll take several bolt guns over several AR's any day. That was a long range shooting situation.

I'll take accurate fire over spray and pray any day.

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    GA Fin said:
    Mister-Jr said:

So you would outlaw a bolt action hunting rifle with a 5 round capacity in a detachable box magazine like a Browning A Bolt 30:06?

BTW, you probably could not stop me if I had a hammer. This ain't the movies. The guy with the hammer that strikes first will win every time.

The facts are that gunman used an AR-15 and killed a lot of people.  As to your second statement, with one arm tied behind my back, unless you hit me from behind,
    Vote for the other candidate
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    GA Fin said:
    Mister-Jr said:

Cool, so you'll be giving up all your guns and replacing them with hammers.

That's as ridiculous as your last assertion that this thread was intended to express outrage over a hammer killing.
    Mister-Jr said:
       As to your second statement, with one arm tied behind my back, unless you hit me from behind,

Figure out how we can do it without hurting you(too much) and I'm in. We can put $10,000 each up with an escrow agent. The guy that loses donates the 10k to the winner's charity.

Maybe some type of soft hammer and If I get a shot in on your noggin I win. Cool if I just use a RNC and then tap your noggin?

It should be a viral video. One man with an arm tied behind his back fights a dude with a hammer for 10k.

edited February 2019 #51
    That's as ridiculous as your last assertion that this thread was intended to express outrage over a hammer killing.
    GA Fin said:

The point of this thread was to show you can commit a mass homicide with something as simple as a hammer.

What? Outrage? Where did I say that?

edited February 2019 #52
    The title of your (this) thread, silly.   Can I be sickened and outraged at the same time?

You know, the one you aped from the other thread then denied any link to.

You feeling OK, Fin?
    The title of your (this) thread, silly.   Can I be sickened and outraged at the same time?

You know, the one you aped from the other thread then denied any link to.

You feeling OK, Fin?

That may be the title of the thread(to take a shot at Mister and to make a point) but not the reason for the thread.

As far as how I'm feeling, I have had a excruciatingly painful migraine everyday but a couple for the last month or so. It sucks, but my daughter told me if she had a head like mine and it didn't hurt she'd worry, so there's that.

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,045 Moderator
    GA Fin said:

For the record, I am saying that a guy that is a good shot and has several bolt action 30:06 rifles could kill more than the gunman in Vegas did with his AR variants and novelty stocks.

I have bolt guns and AR's. If I'm in the Vegas hotel room and I have to choose I'll take several bolt guns over several AR's any day. That was a long range shooting situation.

Carlos? Is that you? I thought you had passed away.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

edited February 2019 #55
    GA Fin said:
    Tarponator said:

You know, the one you aped from the other thread then denied any link to.

You feeling OK, Fin?

That may be the title of the thread(to take a shot at Mister and to make a point) but not the reason for the thread.

As far as how I'm feeling, I have had a excruciatingly painful migraine everyday but a couple for the last month or so. It sucks, but my daughter told me if she had a head like mine and it didn't hurt she'd worry, so there's that. 

I'm sorry to hear that, Fin & thanks for admitting the link between the thread titles at least.  :) 

Have you tried Excedrin Migraine?   I suffered from migraines for almost a decade, tried several prescribed medicines without effect, then someone suggested Excedrin -- it's simply a combination of aspirin, tylenol, and caffeine.  It **** my migraines in the bud and was a godsend to me.  It literally changed my life.  You might try it.

I hope you feel better.
    GA Fin said:

Carlos? Is that you? I thought you had passed away.

300-500 yards with a bolt gun is not far. I do love Carlos though.

One of my Captains was a long range competition shooter(1,000 yards with a 30:06) and his shooting partner actually worked with Hathcock. He told some great stories. He also gave me these:(edit: I thought I had one box of hand loads 30:06 left and I was going to post a picture. One the bright side I found a scope I had forgotten about and the title to my wife's FJ in the gun safe).

I'm sorry to hear that, Fin & thanks for admitting the link between the thread titles at least.  :) 

Have you tried Excedrin Migraine?   I suffered from migraines for almost a decade, tried several prescribed medicines without effect, then someone suggested Excedrin -- it's simply a combination of aspirin, tylenol, and caffeine.  It **** my migraines in the bud and was a godsend to me.  It literally changed my life.  You might try it.

I hope you feel better.
    Thanks. I actually use that Excedrine migraine and took two today. They take the edge off.  I need to go see an ENT. I think this is sinus related(I use Flonase) and it mostly occurs in the winter time.

edited February 2019 #58
    You might have your ENT check you for sinus polyps/cysts.  Had another friend who suffered from them (and the resulting migraines) for years before an X-ray diagnosed the underlying problem and they were removed arthroscopically. 

Also, if you need an ENT in the Tampa area, I have an excellent one to recommend -- don't recall where you're at.

Take care.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,790 Admiral
    GA Fin said:

I have had a excruciatingly painful migraine everyday but a couple for the last month or so. 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    GA Fin said:

I hope you feel better.
    Thanks. I actually use that Excedrine migraine and took two today. They take the edge off.  I need to go see an ENT. I think this is sinus related(I use Flonase) and it mostly occurs in the winter time.
    I suffer from chronic migraines I probably get about 10-20 a month. I use everything from excedrin to sleep. The second I feel any sort of headache coming on, it means its gonna turn into a migraine, so here is what you gotta do. Take 3 or 4 ibuprofen or just take a single excedrin and have either two ounces of beer or two ounces of red wine not the sweet wine the regular dry stuff. That normally takes it right out. You should only have two ounces its just the right amount to loosen the blood vessels in your head which will increase blood flow and either totally kill off or strongly reduce migraine symptoms. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,054 Admiral
    We need a Polly Ticks forum.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway