Home Off Topic

Can I be sickened and outraged at the same time?

GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral

At least three dead after NYC hammer attack.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/nyregion/hammer-attack-brooklyn-restaurant.html

If you are dining in a restaurant and a guy walks in and yells "STOP! HAMMER TIME!" you need to be prepared to pull your concealed carry weapon and defend yourself.

Rest in peace to the unarmed victims that were beaten to death with a hammer.

The suspect is an immigrant from Estonia. Appears to be another crazy white boy.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/arthur-martunovich/

Home Depot has pulled hammers from their shelves in NY and Lowes may follow suit.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,132 Admiral
    If only the assailant had a high capacity fire arm 
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    If only the assailant had a high capacity fire arm 

If you wish he killed more innocent people, you should give him a gas can and a Zippo.

87 people dead in NYC with $1 worth of gasoline. I wrote a paper on it when I got my Fire Science degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    edited January 2019 #4
    I hope they sue the makers of these high capacity assault hammers
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,413 Admiral
    Wow, this place is going down the tubes.  I am starting to wish gun threads were considered politically and deleted.  Both sides have no control.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,026 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #6
    No..There just pointing out the Fallacy of Gun Control..
    When you can corral all the crazy folks things will settle down a bit.
    Don't take my 12 Gauge Duck gun and my Ruger 7.62 deer rifle cause some folks are crazy..and no I'm not signing any Forms or allowing a search of my house.
    Bottom line is we're not good at stopping Crazy folks because of Civil Rights , I get that and I'm glad for it.
    I guess you can just look at it as the price we pay for living in a free society.
    Just stay Frosty..it's Liberating to know you can protect yourself and your loved ones..  lot's of folks just need to grow a pair..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    I'm curious, how many people died in mass murders by hammers in the past three years? 

Vote for the other candidate
    Don't take my 12 Gauge Duck gun and my Ruger 7.62 deer rifle cause some folks are crazy..and no I'm not signing any Forms or allowing a search of my house.
    Bottom line is we're not good at stopping Crazy folks because of Civil Rights , I get that and I'm glad for it.
    I guess you can just look at it as the price we pay for living in a free society.
    Just stay Frosty..it's Liberating to know you can protect yourself and your loved ones..  lot's of folks just need to grow a pair..
    Just more cheap talk by someone who needs a gun to feel like a man.
    Mister-Jr said:
    I'm curious, how many people died in mass murders by hammers in the past three years? 

Mister-Jr said:
    Just more cheap talk by someone who needs a gun to feel like a man.

Please leave the personal attacks out of this discussion. In the midst of an upswing(actually a down swing) in hammer murders we should all come together.

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    I heard today on a show that was showing all the new safety standards coming on new cars.

They said 38,000 people were killed in auto accidents last yr.  Things bad happen everyday it's just people are more aware of it since the internet.

It's been happening for years though.
    stc1993 said:
    I heard today on a show that was showing all the new safety standards coming on new cars.

They said 38,000 people were killed in auto accidents last yr.  Things bad happen everyday it's just people are more aware of it since the internet.

Key word
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    kellercl said:
    Wow, this place is going down the tubes.  I am starting to wish gun threads were considered politically and deleted.  Both sides have no control.
    I agree! When admin closed down Sports and politics the post count on FS went down the tubes.....
    kellercl said:

This was a hammer thread not a gun thread. One of the usual suspects derailed it into a gun thread.

edited January 2019 #15
    Mister-Jr said:
    stc1993 said:

Key word

38k killed per year with cars and 11,208 homicides by gun in 2018.

You are 3.4 times more likely to be killed in an auto accident than be murder by a gun. Period.

All the hysterical moms worried about kids being killed by a gun at school should actually be worried about the kid dying in a car wreck on the way to or from school. That doesn't make good video for the fake news channels though.

I cannot think of one gun death in my local schools over the past 50 years. I can remember a lot of MVA deaths though. Probably a couple hundred. That does not fit the hysterical agenda though.

Cars and trucks have become safer every year due to technology. Some autos are capable of self-driving already and in five years probably most of them will be equipped with some type of self-driving modes.  

What new safety features have been manufactured into guns for the past 100 years?  The only thing that has stopped killing are tougher regulations.

Comparing intentional acts with accidents is a none starter.
    Mister-Jr said:
    Cars and trucks have become safer every year due to technology. Some autos are capable of self-driving already and in five years probably most of them will be equipped with some type of self-driving modes.  

What new safety features have been manufactured into guns for the past 100 years?  The only thing that has stopped killing are tougher regulations.

Comparing intentional acts with accidents is a none starter.

You need to do some research on the race/firearm homicide correlation. You will not like what you find.

The USA is #16 down the list of gun homicides per 100k residents. Guess what racial make up 1-15 are?

Turns out we don't need to control our guns, we need to control our...wait, that does not fit the liberal agenda. Those FACTS are racist.

Mister-Jr said:
     The only thing that has stopped killing are tougher regulations.

Chicago.

edited January 2019 #19
    GA Fin said:
    Mister-Jr said:
     The only thing that has stopped killing are tougher regulations.

Chicago.
    Guns come into Chicago from states with less restrictive gun laws.
    GA Fin said:
    kellercl said:

This was a hammer thread not a gun thread. One of the usual suspects derailed it into a gun thread.
    Don't insult my intelligence, we all know what the purpose of this thread was.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    GA Fin said:
    kellercl said:

If that is you opinion why do you post in the thread? That is confusing. It just does not seem rational.

Mister-Jr said:
    So, we agree that Chicago's gun laws don't work. Cool! Common ground!

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    GA Fin said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    So, we agree that Chicago's gun laws don't work. Cool! Common ground!
    How would common ground be found in an environment where there can be no study or any effort at all undertaken to possibly find ways to reduce gun violence?
    GA Fin said:
    kellercl said:
    GA Fin said:
    kellercl said:

If that is you opinion why do you post in the thread? That is confusing. It just does not seem rational.
    My opinion??  Lol, yeah ok. 

-Walter Payton
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    Despite the distraction hammers, cars, and locked fire doors don't make guns any less deadly.
    Wouldn't guns behind locked fire doors make them more safe?  

-Walter Payton
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,698 AG
    I killed many today watching Martha Stewart
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    edited January 2019 #28
    ANUMBER1 said:
    I killed many today watching Martha Stewart

She was fine back in the day, but I couldn't muster the will to send any DNA down range for her now.

Despite the distraction hammers, cars, and locked fire doors don't make guns any less deadly.
    Despite the distraction guns don't make hammers, cars, and locked fire doors any less deadly

How would common ground be found in an environment where there can be no study or any effort at all undertaken to possibly find ways to reduce gun violence?
    What? Study away. Make all the effort you want to find a way to reduce gun violence.

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited January 2019 #31
    GA Fin said:
    Despite the distraction guns don't make hammers, cars, and locked fire doors any less deadly
    You seem confused again.  Let's be a bit more direct:

If not as a distraction, why did you bring up hammers in the aped title and then the rest in response to a gun thread?