Home Off Topic

The politics forum still exists

Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
Log out and then follow this link....

It is visible if you are not logged in..... incompetence prevails. Newcomers to this site see Politics in all of its glory but once signed in, you cant. haha...

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

Vote for the other candidate
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,632 Admiral
    Worked fine for me.  Maybe you need to turn your computer off and then back on.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    Sign out first...

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,587 AG
    Does it exist if you can't post to it?  

Captain Todd Approves

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    good, now can 3/4's of ya's go there so I can have some fun?
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,632 Admiral
    Polar said:
    good, now can 3/4's of ya's go there so I can have some fun?
    You swimming yet?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,646 AG
    Of course it is still there. You used to be able to do a search of the topics in politics, but that went away a while back. It is weird that it shows up as a section when viewing the forum as a non member. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
    I would say that the moderators would agree that a civil discussion of politics is acceptable.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited January 2019 #10
    The mods left it there just to trigger you, Battery. :p

Mission accomplished.  :#

Have a nice weekend.

• nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,822 Admin

Have a nice weekend.

But it took him 16 months to figure it out...

Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,047 Captain
    "The politics forum still exists"
    Apparently a free for all in the Northeast section. I guess all you have to do is ask nicely for a thread to be left up.
    Have at it fellers
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,063 Moderator
    Scoutboat said:
    I would say that the moderators would agree that a civil discussion of politics is acceptable.
    I think we would but we also know it is impossible.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,694 AG
    you mean Morroco Maddness didn't get banned for life over in NE for his political rant..

I guess it's not who you know but who you blow in this place?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Scoutboat said:

Impossible? The forum from the pics has the same number of member online at the moment as FS does. Check this out:

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

Wow, just realized that the other forums OT forum has 64,554 threads and their Politics forum has 64,450!

Their next largest forum is "Deer Hunting" with 63,021. Then "Fresh Water Fishing" with 55,587.

They are very strict on their moderation.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    You make no sense. What does number of hits on one site versus the other have to do with civility on a political forum?

Are you saying the forum should tolerate rudeness, incivility, denigration, name calling, humiliation and verbal attacks on family members just so the site has more hits?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,822 Admin
    From the Administrator of the "other forum":

My first warning didn't work so this is my last warning. If you can't converse with someone in this forum without calling them a "commie" or questioning their intellect or other ad hominem attacks then this forum is not for you.

Most everybody here is a brother hunter or fisherman or both. Show them the respect they deserve. Fun is fun but a lot of what y'all are posting is not in jest and in fact it's just trash and it's turning this forum into a sewer and we on the staff aren't going to allow that to happen.

Mama told you if you don't have something nice to say about somebody then don't say anything at all. If you can't follow mama's advice daddy will pull his belt off and educate you about why mama was right and that goes for both friend and foe. Spread that word far and wide lest some unsuspecting fool doesn't get the picture.

Debate with passion, poke fun, use hyperbole to make your point but lay off the personal attacks.

From their "Terms and rules":

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Gee, wonder why those couple of guys responsible for banning or driving away so many long time members are getting so defensive?
    nuevowavo said:
    From the Administrator of the "other forum":

My first warning didn't work so this is my last warning. If you can't converse with someone in this forum without calling them a "commie" or questioning their intellect or other ad hominem attacks then this forum is not for you.

Most everybody here is a brother hunter or fisherman or both. Show them the respect they deserve. Fun is fun but a lot of what y'all are posting is not in jest and in fact it's just trash and it's turning this forum into a sewer and we on the staff aren't going to allow that to happen.

Mama told you if you don't have something nice to say about somebody then don't say anything at all. If you can't follow mama's advice daddy will pull his belt off and educate you about why mama was right and that goes for both friend and foe. Spread that word far and wide lest some unsuspecting fool doesn't get the picture.

Debate with passion, poke fun, use hyperbole to make your point but lay off the personal attacks.

From their "Terms and rules":

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

GA Fin said:

They are very strict on their moderation.

Exactly.

You make no sense. What does number of hits on one site versus the other have to do with civility on a political forum?

Are you saying the forum should tolerate rudeness, incivility, denigration, name calling, humiliation and verbal attacks on family members just so the site has more hits?

Are you being obtuse? I said or implied nothing of the sort. Actually, my point was the opposite of your assumption.

Scoutboat said:

You stated that a civil discussion is impossible. I gave an example of a forum that had civil discussion.

GA Fin said:

Are you being obtuse? I said or implied nothing of the sort. Actually, my point was the opposite of your assumption.

GA Fin said:

Scoutboat said:

You stated that a civil discussion is impossible. I gave an example of a forum that had civil discussion.

LOL.........you really like that word don't you?

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,363 Admiral
    LOL I never posted or commented on a politics forum.Thats not why I am here on a fishing  forum.
    LOL.........you really like that word don't you?

Yes! Ever since I saw that movie Shawshank Redemption I have always thought that was the most passive aggressive thing someone could say. I use that word like a $2 hooker!

All bull aside, the points I was trying to make was there could be a political forum on a "family type" forum and I was surprised  that the Political forum on that other site got so much traffic.

When we had a political forum here I rarely ventured in there.

I rarely venture into the political forum on the other site.

As it is, I'm a guest here and I try to color inside the lines. I imagine if I get too far outside the lines I'll join the band.

• Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG

Have a nice weekend.

lol.. your definition of triggered is suspect as most things you say. Its pretty simple.... if the point of closing the forum so that new comers weren't scared or because it didn't represent the principles of the main forum then it has failed. I am sure they dont want to delete the forum because of the post count. At one point it was 1/3 of the total place.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    U mad, bro?

It was a joke.  Lighten up.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG

Have a nice weekend.

lol.. your definition of triggered is suspect as most things you say. Its pretty simple.... if the point of closing the forum so that new comers weren't scared or because it didn't represent the principles of the main forum then it has failed. I am sure they dont want to delete the forum because of the post count. At one point it was 1/3 of the total place.
    Wait, wouldn't that be misleading to advertisers whose ad rate is based on traffic?
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,072 Admiral

Have a nice weekend.

Wait, wouldn't that be misleading to advertisers whose ad rate is based on traffic?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    edited January 2019 #31

I think the forum is doing very well because of all the traffic created by all the posts about the politics forum being gone.

:#  B)