Newbie Needs Advice

CherylKCherylK RuskinPosts: 4 Greenhorn
Hello I'm new to Ruskin, Fl and I have limited fishing experience - most of it in the lakes of the Midwest. 

My dad is coming to visit and he would like to go shore fishing. He has limited mobility so I'm going to try to find a place with a nice smooth dock or boardwalk, etc.  I'm near EG Simmons & Apollo Beach Preserve.

Anyway as I said I'm new to Florida and I have no idea how to fish here. What kind of rod what kind of reel what kind of lure what kind of bait? What might I catch what can I keep what can I eat? 

I'm at a complete loss and I'm wondering  if someone might be willing to take me under their wing and give me a little advice so that I can take my dad fishing and make sure that he is legal, safe, and has fun :-) 

Thank you!

This is cross posted on the West Central board.

Replies

• Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    Hey buddy I’ve slated it over at pinellas point park. Now being limited mobility might be tough I waded and there’s a dock inland near the ramp and I went in the fall and tons of mullet. Caught trout and snook all day. DOA Shrimp and baitbusters. If your dad can wade or wear booties he’ll have a blast. 

Mike

[email protected]