Home General Fishing

Bonefishing and places to go

mrobertskwmrobertskw NJPosts: 1 Greenhorn
I am trying to book a surprise trip for my husbands birthday to the bahamas - he has been really wanting to go for bonefish - among other sport fishing too.  we are used to fishing in the florida keys yearly.  I am looking into bimini, andros or abaco islands.  suggestions for the best spots to stay and get a good bonefish charter as well.  preferrably a resort that has decent dining, a marina to get other charters etc

Replies

• saltyseniorsaltysenior Posts: 868 Officer
    edited January 2019 #2
    google search  ''Treasure Cay bonefish".......Good fishing on the backside ( Marles) ...Green Turtle is a wonderful place but depends on the weather for bonefishing.....what month is his B.D.
  • tarpon41tarpon41 Posts: 273 Deckhand
    I am trying to book a surprise trip for my husbands birthday to the bahamas - he has been really wanting to go for bonefish - among other sport fishing too.  we are used to fishing in the florida keys yearly.  I am looking into bimini, andros or abaco islands.  suggestions for the best spots to stay and get a good bonefish charter as well.  preferrably a resort that has decent dining, a marina to get other charters etc
    1/ Does he salt flyfish but has not done it for bonefishing?  If he's not a salt fly rod but conventional gear then you don't need Bahamas.  From Biscayne Bay to the Marquesas there are Bonefish and Permit to be had with live shrimp or live crab. 
    2/ When?
    3/ Where in the Keys have you fished?
    4/ What did you mean by "a marina to get other charters"?  other flyfishing charters? other blue water charters? other inshore charters
    5/ What's the budget range excluding transportation?

• HooknCooksHooknCooks OrlandoPosts: 83 Greenhorn
    Just saw a FS reel time show on them and they were fishing them on the west end.  Not sure how far that is from where you'll end up but thought I'd mention it.