Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Recommend Kissimmee area bass fishing guide?

Gonna be in the kissimmee area this march, I have done quite a bit of research on guides and i understand the way it works, prices, gear, time, no fish no pay (and the fine print). But its hard to decide, so if you have a recommendation and why that would be much appreciated. Thank you for your reply, just trying to get as much info as possible.

Replies

• killintimekillintime Posts: 263 Deckhand
    Capt. Bill Whipple or Capt. John Leech - Both are long-timers and will find the fish when nobody else can.  IMHO.  March can be amazing or a front can shut it down... Knowing where to go to salvage a trip is how I would place my bet.
  • RedroyRedroy Spokane, waPosts: 26 Greenhorn
    Than you for the info. And I totally agree with you, knowing where to go is going to be key on catching fish somewhere I’ve never been, I started asking questions on forums a few weeks ago and have received great information. I’m very tempted to just go with a guide, but part of wants to take the 300-350 bucks and explore, gas bait, food beer ya know.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    Lots of bass...or trophys? 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    Trophy for sure, my ultimate goal would be 12+, possibly a long shot but I would like to beat the Washington state record.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    12s are pretty rare if you own a scale ...LOL

March can be the time though....lots of big bedding females are caught then

Fronts blow thru every 5-6 days on average...if you can hit it two days before a front you will have nice conditions. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed! Lol!
    And I’ll keep an eye on those weather patterns closer to March. Can’t wait I’m stoked!!
  • HooknCooksHooknCooks OrlandoPosts: 83 Greenhorn
    If you're going out on your own, to get ideas of where to fish; check out the florida trophy catch site.  You can filter by lake, that way you'll at least get ideas of where to fish.
    Alright sounds good, I’ll look at that. I have received good information so far from the forum here, but the more the better for sure. I think I might have an inn on the Conway chain and butler chain, I’m still throwing the idea of a guide around, but I’ll make a decision on that here in a few weeks.