Home Off Topic

Can I be sickened and outraged at the same time?

123468

Replies

  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    Most states ban the possession of a firearm in a bank. Will more laws help?
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 409 Deckhand
    Mister-Jr said:
    Does the Constitution afford any rights to the five people that were murdered? 


    Yes,  the constitution affords all of us rights.   You are correct though,  these people were murdered.   By a deranged lunatic.   Thank God that i have a pistol in my pocket right now in the case that i may have a chance to save myself or the people around me should a lunatic try and take my life. Thank God for the Constitution.    Maybe you should spend some time on disgusting websites like "best gore" so that you can get a feel for what is possible from human beings, and be thankful that you do not see things like that in the USA.  Our country is not perfectly safe, but there is no such country on this planet.     If you hate the Constitution of the country that you live in, i would suggest you move to a safe place like Mexico, or Brazil.


  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 409 Deckhand
    Mister-Jr said:
    kellercl said:
    So Florida increased regulation and yet the bank shooting still occurred.... 
    Then, we need to do something different.dave44 said:
    I think Mr says that as a start, we should restrict the rights of people based on age, then he said something about white people. 
       I’m sure it is only about money, however.
     
     
     
    Actually, white men with guns.  You know, mass murders.
    Why does this weak minded snowflake keep talking about white people?   Since he is mentioning race i will add to the conversation.   Black men between the ages of 16 and 45 are 7 times more likely to commit violent crimes including **** or murder.    Do you suggest removing all guns from black men now?    It would not matter if you did pass a law to remove guns from them since probably 80% of the guns they used are owned illegally anyway.      

    Why are we arguing with a person who has no common sense?   There is nothing that can be done to help them anyway.
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 409 Deckhand
    GA Fin said:
    Im not quite sure what measures of gun control you guys think would have fixed this? Please enlighten me.

    They want total gun confiscation and they want conservative white males neutered, their property confiscated and possibly executed. I am not joking.


    This sounds like what is going on in South Africa at this moment.    
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,271 AG
    There is a credit union up here that got robbed twice in one year. Not they have a system where you enter the front door into a hallway with a metal detector. The first door closes, you walk through the metal detector. If you set it off you are locked in until the cops arrive. The entire enclosure is bullet resistant. Nobody has tried to rob the bank since. 


    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    kellercl said:
    Point being we shouldn't punish those who demonstrate responsibility.  We should target the mentally ill.  Most (proposed) regulations sweep broadly and do not dismcrimate between the two above mentioned parties.
    I hear that after every mass shooting, then in a couple weeks the killings are forgotten until next time.  We could find common ground if there were proposals that effectively ran background checks and gun owners were required to keep their firearms safe from any unauthorized person from using it.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    Bigfish5 said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    kellercl said:
    So Florida increased regulation and yet the bank shooting still occurred.... 
    Then, we need to do something different.dave44 said:
    I think Mr says that as a start, we should restrict the rights of people based on age, then he said something about white people. 
       I’m sure it is only about money, however.
     
     
     
    Actually, white men with guns.  You know, mass murders.
    Why does this weak minded snowflake keep talking about white people?   Since he is mentioning race i will add to the conversation.   Black men between the ages of 16 and 45 are 7 times more likely to commit violent crimes including **** or murder.    Do you suggest removing all guns from black men now?    It would not matter if you did pass a law to remove guns from them since probably 80% of the guns they used are owned illegally anyway.      

    Why are we arguing with a person who has no common sense?   There is nothing that can be done to help them anyway.
    Mass killers are almost always white men. Here is something you should remember, I own you, gun or no gun.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    I believe both the NAACP and American civil liberties union were against making it harder for those with mental illness to get guns.  


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    kellercl said:
    I believe both the NAACP and American civil liberties union were against making it harder for those with mental illness to get guns.  
    Here is the Civil Liberties Union position on gun control.

    https://www.aclu.org/blog/mobilization/aclus-position-gun-control
    Vote for the other candidate
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    Sounds like they don't want the mentally ill to be targeted.  Which I do not agree with.


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Mister-Jr said:
    kellercl said:
    Which is irrelevant to the point.  Parkland, Colorado movie theater, Sandy Hook and the recent  bank shooter...  they all showed signs, and we did nothing.  That is the point.  
    Sure we did, we let them have guns.  Mass killing always involves one thing, a firearm.
    Not true. There was a mass stabbing where two guys ran throughout a place in china and stabbed muliple people killing over 200 and wounding even more. So sorry that it doesnt fit your gun banning agenda but not all mass killings involve guns. Also what about explosions? Are those not capable of mass killings?
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    edited January 2019 #163
    Matt,  While you are right to question that "mass killing always involves one thing, firearms", you might want to check your facts.  There was no "mass stabbing" that led to "over 200" people dead.  There was one where 33 people died, and it is worth noting that many more would likely have been dead had the killers had guns rather than knives.   Do you disagree that guns are far more capable and deadly weapons when put in the hands of those who would use them against the innocent?  Just curious...Mike

  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    Guns are obviously more dangerous than knives and hammers.  Pretending otherwise is just plain stupid.


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    kellercl said:
    Guns are obviously more dangerous than knives and hammers.  Pretending otherwise is just plain stupid.
    And if you don't believe that I'll let you have a hammer AND a knife, and I'll take the gun.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    There are over 320 million firearms (that are known of) in the US.  With that info, just how does anyone think that they will all be banned, registered, confiscated etc ?
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    Guns are obviously more dangerous than knives and hammers.  Pretending otherwise is just plain stupid.
    And if you don't believe that I'll let you have a hammer AND a knife, and I'll take the gun.
    Exactly.  Something about don't bring a knife to a gun fight.


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,854 AG
    edited January 2019 #169
    kellercl said:
    kellercl said:
    Guns are obviously more dangerous than knives and hammers.  Pretending otherwise is just plain stupid.
    And if you don't believe that I'll let you have a hammer AND a knife, and I'll take the gun.
    Exactly.  Something about don't bring a knife to a gun fight.


    I don't have to load a knife or hammer and no one said you get bullets with your gun.  #winning

    Captain Todd Approves

  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...
    I'm not suggesting anybody relinquish their rights.  I'm just stating what should be blatantly obvious.  


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    kellercl said:
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...
    I'm not suggesting anybody relinquish their rights.  I'm just stating what should be blatantly obvious.  
    Sorry, that wasn’t a reply to you. It was a general question. You’ve heard something similar in the past, probably.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...

    dave44 said:
    kellercl said:
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...
    I'm not suggesting anybody relinquish their rights.  I'm just stating what should be blatantly obvious.  
    Sorry, that wasn’t a reply to you. It was a general question. You’ve heard something similar in the past, probably.
    You're suggesting America is like **** Germany?  
    Vote for the other candidate
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    kellercl said:
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...
    I'm not suggesting anybody relinquish their rights.  I'm just stating what should be blatantly obvious.  
    Sorry, that wasn’t a reply to you. It was a general question. You’ve heard something similar in the past, probably.
    fair enough and yes, I tend to agree.  Giving up rights quickly isn't smart.  


    “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

    -Walter Payton
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...

    dave44 said:
    kellercl said:
    dave44 said:
    If Mrs P Jr came and told you that all you had to do was give up your liberty to obtain security, would you recognize  you might be living in 1930s Germany?
       They may also offer that lie in prison, so...
    I'm not suggesting anybody relinquish their rights.  I'm just stating what should be blatantly obvious.  
    Sorry, that wasn’t a reply to you. It was a general question. You’ve heard something similar in the past, probably.
    You're suggesting America is like **** Germany?  
    I guess it depends on whether the devil has offered you safety, security and all the free stuff you were taught you needed. And then the citizenry fell for it.
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 663 Officer
    Mister-Jr said:
    kellercl said:
    Which is irrelevant to the point.  Parkland, Colorado movie theater, Sandy Hook and the recent  bank shooter...  they all showed signs, and we did nothing.  That is the point.  
    Sure we did, we let them have guns.  Mass killing always involves one thing, a firearm.
    Not true. There was a mass stabbing where two guys ran throughout a place in china and stabbed muliple people killing over 200 and wounding even more. So sorry that it doesnt fit your gun banning agenda but not all mass killings involve guns. Also what about explosions? Are those not capable of mass killings?
    Explosions are absolutely capable of mass killings. And as such, explosives are either illegal to make at home or impossible for the average person to buy. 
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 663 Officer
    There are over 320 million firearms (that are known of) in the US.  With that info, just how does anyone think that they will all be banned, registered, confiscated etc ?
    To my knowledge no one in this thread has talked about banning/confiscating guns. Why do people jump to the conclusion that gun control = take away all the guns?
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    It looks like someone needs to check their understanding of gun laws in 20th Century Germany too.  

    What rights were given up too quickly?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    It looks like someone needs to check their understanding of gun laws in 20th Century Germany too.  

    What rights were given up too quickly?
    Someone needs a little more education?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    bigfinn35 said:
    There are over 320 million firearms (that are known of) in the US.  With that info, just how does anyone think that they will all be banned, registered, confiscated etc ?
    To my knowledge no one in this thread has talked about banning/confiscating guns. Why do people jump to the conclusion that gun control = take away all the guns?
    Because so many that start with gun control wind up speaking confiscation? And regulating/taxing the ownership of them and ammunition to confiscatory amounts in the short term?
       Yeah, that’s how it always winds up if we talk long enough.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    edited January 2019 #180
    dave44 said:
    bigfinn35 said:
    There are over 320 million firearms (that are known of) in the US.  With that info, just how does anyone think that they will all be banned, registered, confiscated etc ?
    To my knowledge no one in this thread has talked about banning/confiscating guns. Why do people jump to the conclusion that gun control = take away all the guns?
    Because so many that start with gun control wind up speaking confiscation? And regulating/taxing the ownership of them and ammunition to confiscatory amounts in the short term?
       Yeah, that’s how it always winds up if we talk long enough.
    Tired and weak agreement.  What about the people, including children that are the victims of these shooting, what do you say to their relatives and friends?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    But,,, what about the children??!!!
      Weak. Way overused.
Sign In or Register to comment.