Home Off Topic

Can I be sickened and outraged at the same time?

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,400 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #32
    Mister-Jr said:
    kellercl said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Does the Constitution afford any rights to the five people that were murdered? 
    Yes, they had the right to carry.
    If you are suggesting every person in America should carry a gun to protect themselves, would that apply to 80 and 90-year-olds?  How about 16 to 18?  How about the millions of Americans that don't believe in carrying guns?  Your one trick pony idea is not really feasible, is it? 
    Non sequitur.  You asked if they had rights and the answer was "yes."  If you don't like the answer, perhaps you should ask better questions.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    White men with guns and we are building a wall.  WTH?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    If you hate the current government right now, why would you want them to have the guns and limit our accessibility???
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    edited January 2019 #36
    Reality, deal with it.  I say this as a non gun owner who isn't a fan of fire arms....

It is a protected constitutional right that people are not willing to give up.  The supreme court is 5 to 4, at a minimum, in favor of the second amendment.  Nothing is changing anytime soon.  There is nothing to be done, pissing in the wind isn't productive.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    I hope it never changes, guns have kept people out of my house and I will never give up any of my constituional rights. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    Case in point.  The entire debate is a waste of energy.  

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Reality, deal with it.  I say this as a non gun owner who isn't a fan of fire arms....

It is a protected constitutional right that people are not willing to give up.  The supreme court is 5 to 4, at a minimum, in favor of the second amendment.  Nothing is changing anytime soon.  There is nothing to be done, pissing in the wind isn't productive.

kellercl said:

This was a start.

MIAMI — Florida’s nickname has long been the “Gunshine State” because of its plethora of firearms and loose gun restrictions. Then a troubled teenager stormed into a South Florida high school and shot 17 people dead.

On Friday, in a dramatic turnaround in one of the most gun-friendly states in America, Gov. Rick Scott signed into law an array of gun limits that included raising the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21 and extending the waiting period to three days. It was the most aggressive action on gun control taken in the state in decades and the first time Mr. Scott, who had an A-plus rating from the National Rifle Association, had broken so significantly from the group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/us/florida-governor-gun-limits.html

Gun regulation is about money, not the Constitution.
    kellercl said:
    Case in point.  The entire debate is a waste of energy.  
    I wouldnt say its an entire waste of time, we still need to find the solution to helping prevent shootings. I think if we keep talking about it, we will all eventually come to an appropriate consensus. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    I think Mr says that as a start, we should restrict the rights of people based on age, then he said something about white people. 
       I’m sure it is only about money, however.

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    edited January 2019 #42
     guns have kept people out of my house
    Did you shoot someone?
    So Florida increased regulation and yet the bank shooting still occurred.... 

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Then, we need to do something different.dave44 said:
    I think Mr says that as a start, we should restrict the rights of people based on age, then he said something about white people. 

Actually, white men with guns.  You know, mass murders.
     guns have kept people out of my house
    Did you shoot someone?
    Nope, however thats because the crackhead that was about to be stealing stuff out of my garage gotta warning talk from the AR and I. All I had to do was rack one and say the cops are coming and he took off like a bat outa hell. Normally I would have used the pistol but I was already in the process of cleaning the AR after a range day. So I just put it back together quickly and then ran out into my garage. He was reaching for the power saw when I ran in.
    edited January 2019 #46
    Mister-Jr said:
    kellercl said:
    Then, we need to do something different.dave44 said:

There is a stereotype for everybody. Glad you found yours.
      Instead of maiming the rights of American citizens with every post you should read up on it.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,597 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Stats Don't Lie!

Oh wait, they kind of fall right in line with race by % of population.  Carry on. 

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Stats Don't Lie!

Oh wait, they kind of fall right in line with race by % of population.  Carry on. 
    Do you believe white make up 60% of the US population?
    We aren't going to do anything memory different, see points already made.  Stop chasing your tail.

-Walter Payton
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    Mister-Jr said:
    Does the Constitution afford any rights to the five people that were murdered? 
    It did.  They didn't exercise them.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    kellercl said:
    We aren't going to do anything memory different, see points already made.  Stop chasing your tail.
    Things always change. Count on it.
    Things always change?  Sure.  Over the course of decades if we are lucky.  But again aren't you the one who thinks electric cars are taking over??? Despite US manufacturers dropping cars in favor of trucks.... and Tesla just dropped their two cheapest models.

-Walter Payton
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Mister, you want guns so bad come and take mine. Let me know when you get to the house so I can put the Dobermans up. I want you to be able to get inside where the guns are.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    edited January 2019 #54

These two are a mere 10' away from 1,000's of rounds of ammo and all manner of firearms including several AR's.

Excuse the holes in the blanket. My wife rescued the big Doberman and she never had any toys so she chewed her blankets.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Im not quite sure what measures of gun control you guys think would have fixed this? Please enlighten me.
    Im not quite sure what measures of gun control you guys think would have fixed this? Please enlighten me.
    I think there is only” guy”? Did someone else pipe in about tearing up the Constitution and BOR while I was away?

They want total gun confiscation and they want conservative white males neutered, their property confiscated and possibly executed. I am not joking.

• AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    Mister-Jr said:

This was a start.

MIAMI — Florida’s nickname has long been the “Gunshine State” because of its plethora of firearms and loose gun restrictions. Then a troubled teenager stormed into a South Florida high school and shot 17 people dead.

On Friday, in a dramatic turnaround in one of the most gun-friendly states in America, Gov. Rick Scott signed into law an array of gun limits that included raising the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21 and extending the waiting period to three days. It was the most aggressive action on gun control taken in the state in decades and the first time Mr. Scott, who had an A-plus rating from the National Rifle Association, had broken so significantly from the group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/us/florida-governor-gun-limits.html

Gun regulation is about money, not the Constitution.
    Sweet, a kneejerk reaction that didn't fix the problem.  How many tries do you want?
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    dave44 said:
    I think there is only” guy”? Did someone else pipe in about tearing up the Constitution and BOR while I was away?
    Someone mentioned gun control, actually two guys I believe, the number is unclear. Any more measures of gun control would be ripping up the 2A which is part of the constitution so thats a thing.
    kellercl said:
    Things always change?  Sure.  Over the course of decades if we are lucky.  But again aren't you the one who thinks electric cars are taking over??? Despite US manufacturers dropping cars in favor of trucks.... and Tesla just dropped their two cheapest models.

US manufacturers couldn't sell their crappy cars, but Telsa is selling the heck out of their Model 3. I could show you all the new electric cars that will be available in the next couple of years, but what would be the point?  
    GA Fin said:
    Mister, you want guns so bad come and take mine. Let me know when you get to the house so I can put the Dobermans up. I want you to be able to get inside where the guns are.
    Why would I want your guns?