Home Off Topic

Superbowl.

AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,357 Admiral
edited January 2019 in Off Topic #1
First time ever ain't gonna watch it. I knew Brady would get there yet  again. Hate his Yankee **** team since he got there. Been kicking Miami **** for  18 years. Oh, the Fins beat him at home, but it means nothing.

Watched KC three times this year and they didnt do squat when I saw them. I must of picked the worst games because Mahomes never did squat. I wish at least one team I liked made it to the Superbowl.

Replies

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,021 Admiral
    Sorry Brady will get another ring might as well jump now
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #3
    Wow, haters going to hate.  Brady has 5 rings and now 9 trips to the SB.  Hate all you want, but he deserves loads of respect.  His ability to stay calm, composed and driven to win is second to none.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Dang AC Man, I was hoping you were going to throw a big party and invite us all! I think that would be great! Lets have a party!!
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    The Saints got hosed. Too bad, Brady and Brees would have been a great SB.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,861 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    Wow, haters going to hate.  Brady has 5 rings and now 9 trips to the SB.  Hate all you want, but he deserves loads of respect.  His ability to stay calm, composed and driven to win is second to none.
    Hatin' doesn't mean there is no respect
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,618 AG
    They keep showing the one blatant pass interference call BUT there was another one after that too.
    Sucked to see it go like that.
    Mister-Jr said:

THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    The defensive end cost KC the game. Lined up offsides! 
     Hopefully I will be home and the weather will cooperate. The reds and specks are eating it up now. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    I would like to see Brady win his 6th and walk off into the sunset.  Time to have his story closed out. 

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,211 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Can't stand either of them, but would have been a better match up. Old man against the old man. Brady is good, still wondering why the Patsies seem to cheat now and then. Saints got screwed by bad no calls and too bad Dee Ford was in the neutral zone or KC would be going instead of the Patsies. Oh well maybe if we are lucky it will end like last SB. Of course can't root for LaLa Land either. It will give me more time for cooking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,417 Admiral
    Sean Payton was suspended for 1 year and his defensive coordinator banned from the game indefinitely in 2012.
    Greg Williams has been allowed to return but those penalties were unprecedented and still are. 
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:

Yep. Unbelievable no-call.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    Anyone hear Brady's F bomb in the post game interview?
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,632 Admiral
    Was he telling Gisele what he wanted to do to her? 
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    Tarpon65 said:
    Was he telling Gisele what he wanted to do to her? 
    When asked how he felt he said "un Fing believable" Amazed no one else picked up on it.
    Well enjoy it while it lasts, lack of insurance due to law suits from head injuries may see this rein come to and end a lot sooner than we think? We will see. We may be watching soccer in a couple of years.
    Tight Lines, Steve

It's pretty boring but basically the same game a hockey only slower. Hockey seems to be pretty popular too for some reason.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,861 Admiral
    surfman said:
    It's pretty boring but basically the same game a hockey only slower. Hockey seems to be pretty popular too for some reason.
    Except hockey players can check and you can fight occasionally. Speed is unreal watching it live. 
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Saints would have beaten the pats, they got screwed.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,417 Admiral
    If the Saints would have beaten the Pats, and the Saints lost to the Rams, them you're telling me the Rams will win the Super Bowl.
    So you're picking the Rams then?
    You know what my next question is?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    I'll watch when they all stand and show respect....oh and have a less than crappy halftime show
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    surfman said:
    No flopping in hockey. My main issue w soccer
    You should have been here yesterday
    surfman said:
    No flopping in hockey. My main issue w soccer
    I enjoy soccer but the flopping is pretty bad. Although they have been calling it less it seems at least in the premier league.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,919 Admiral
    I always watch but have not cared one bit since 1984.

Well, and then there's the $100 boxes...
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,048 Admiral
    In Hockey, even the Canadians not only stand but sing our National Anthem.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

In Hockey, even the Canadians not only stand but sing our National Anthem.

Yes that is cool.

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,029 Moderator
    Gladys Knight will sing the Anthem this year.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    The Saints got hosed.

Yep. A no call on a PI that was helmet to helmet.

Why didn't the NFL fine the defender on the no call PI for the H to H? That darn sure know about it and they have fined plenty of players for personal fouls when there wasn't a flag thrown.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    AC Man said:
    First time ever ain't gonna watch it.

I've only watched 8 Superbowls. I'm 5-3 as a fan.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,029 Moderator
    I guess I've seen every one except 1970. We didn't have a TV on LZ Nancy.

We'll go to a party for the first half and come home at half time. Probably be asleep by the end of the game.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)