Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Coming to Cape Coral from Jacksonville 1-25-19 inshore fishing

Inshore fishing from flats boat and kayak's. My buddy lives in Cape Coral, not a big fisherman, I am coming down to take him fishing and show him some different inshore rigs and such. I have never fished down there before. He keeps telling me about Matlacha and mangroves. I would love to get some snook. Reds, trout, flounder? Any suggestions for what should be biting and bait, cast net for live bait, jig heads and Gulp swimming mullet, shrimp, popping corks? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• nhkevnhkev Posts: 61 Deckhand
    you should have him visit you.  the fishing on the atlantic side is much better than around 
    Cape Coral right now.  
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 743 Officer
    nhkev said:
    you should have him visit you.  the fishing on the atlantic side is much better than around 
    Cape Coral right now.  
    That is the sad truth.
  • ljkljk Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    Talked with a guy in a Hobie kayak at the Matlacha boat ramp last Saturday.  He said he got 40 trout in the first 4 hours of daylight.  He was using silver/grey Z man artificials.  With the Hobie, I assume he was 'way back in skinny waters somewhere. close to the community park.
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 338 Deckhand
    I cant tell you where to find them, but i would try and concentrate on Speckled Trout this time of year also.   It sounds like neither of you are any good at fishing  :) so you should pick something easy.   I would get some 1/8 ounce jig head "i like chartrues" and a couple of bags of the downsouth lures with a chartrues tail.     Let them sink to the bottom and then bounce them back to you at a little faster pace than you would when flounder fishing.     If that does not work change up your retrieve to see f you can trigger a strike.   The hard part is finding where the trout are hanging out in a new area.   
    Hello Angler2600,   I thought i would just answer your Private Message here on the original post.   I am not sure it matters what color down south lure that you use, i like clear with a char trues tail.   

As to the other question that you asked,  I do not know which gay bar in that area has the "hottest and freakiest clientele"   You will have to search that information on another forum.    I also am not comfortable sending naked pictures to someone that i do not know, especially another man.    Good luck with your trip though.  B)  
  • Angler2600Angler2600 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Hahahaha. Bigfish5, what a character. Friend of a few and ex fishing partner of many.  B)

I wasn't fishing with you anymore anyway.   I was not comfortable with your t-back only rule while on the boat!