Home Off Topic

St Petersburg Bike Theft

NitzeyNitzey Posts: 190 Deckhand
Someone stole my wife's bike from from our condo garage.  A beautiful Cannondale comfort bike.  We would ride just about every day.  **** whoever it was.

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,116 Admiral
    Is that like a Pecker Slot in the seat...just askin..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,225 Captain
    Where can I find 2 of those seats!
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Nothing is safe any longer-even in a garage, back of the truck or a bike rack. Gotta lock them up...
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,413 Captain
    that sucks

look for remnants of a Styrofoam cooler
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
    If that seat is heated...I'm buyin one for my Truck....winning..
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,154 Admiral
    I had a good friend who had his highly customized bike stolen in broad daylight while he was in a magic shop. The police told him that they couldn't do anything to help because there was no evidence. He was pretty sure that a spoiled snowflake named Francis stole it, but his dad said it wasn't him. Put up a 10k reward nothing

He traveled all over the country trying to find it. Almost fell in love and made out in a dinosaurs mouth. The chicks boyfriend almost kicked his **** when he caught them. 

Almost died in a biker bar. Finally he finds out the bike was on a movie set in Hollywood. Hell of a journey, but everything turned out perfectly
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    U and Pee-Wee are friends huh?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,791 AG
    Is that like a Pecker Slot in the seat...just askin..
    But you would have to ride behind the seat. That doesn’t seem that comfortable in the long run. Maybe not even in the short run.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    edited January 2019 #10
    My pecker is usually very pliable, my nuts not so much. Too bad about the bike.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • NitzeyNitzey Posts: 190 Deckhand
    This is a woman's bike.  Why the seat is made that way, I have no idea.  However, it is a comfort bike.  You sit upright; not stooped over like a racing bike.  It is a Cannondale, about the last one made in the USA, and so a very nice bike.  BTW the bike was locked, but my wife only locked the front wheel.  She knew better, but her back was bothering her or something, and it was expedient to lock just the wheel.  I wish she had asked for my help.  Also, my bike was there, but I had it locked properly with an Abus lock; they did steal a light and an air pump from my bike.  
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Thieves suck!
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,926 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    We just bought bikes and I think I'm going to have to invest in some briefs. Maybe not, I have to say the cooling effect of the wind blowing up my shorts and flapping my sack that is riding side saddle is pretty nice. 

Captain Todd Approves

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,508 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    We just bought bikes and I think I'm going to have to invest in some briefs. Maybe not, I have to say the cooling effect of the wind blowing up my shorts and flapping my sack that is riding side saddle is pretty nice. 
    To bad cyclist isn't here....he would know just what to do.
    I think it depends on the type of bike you have. 
    You may not know that bike shorts have padding sewn into the crotch that can offer additional comfort over the longer rides. As the price goes up so does the quality of the padding, most shorts use gel pads that are meant to be in between your sit bones and the saddle.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Well, guess what?  After studying surveillance videos, we have clearly seen the thief.  Unfortunately, I cannot upload these videos.  He is dropped off by someone in a short SUV, and then walks into our garage swinging a bag and drinking what looks to be a beer.  5 minutes later he peddles out on Brenda's bike.  He appears to be 20 to 40, about 5' 10", white and slender.  The video is too fuzzy to see a license plate or a clear picture of his face. Apparently this was thought out beforehand as he goes about his terrbile bussiness in a deliberate manner.  Why would anyone risk their life this way?

OK , It was me and you got my picture.
    I'll bring the Bike back ..but I'm keeping the seat.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,508 Admiral
    Nitzey said:
    Well, guess what?  After studying surveillance videos, we have clearly seen the thief.  Unfortunately, I cannot upload these videos.  He is dropped off by someone in a short SUV, and then walks into our garage swinging a bag and drinking what looks to be a beer.  5 minutes later he peddles out on Brenda's bike.  He appears to be 20 to 40, about 5' 10", white and slender.  The video is too fuzzy to see a license plate or a clear picture of his face. Apparently this was thought out beforehand as he goes about his terrbile bussiness in a deliberate manner.  Why would anyone risk their life this way?
    With this new evidence.......I'm sure the detectives will perform a thorough investigation and nab the perp. It's just a matter of time before the bike bandit is behind bars.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,323 Captain
    What kind of beer?
    Well, I certainly hope that the thief will end up behind bars, but let's see.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of crime out there and although this was not small time crime, since he entered our premises, the police probably have lots to deal with.
    Beer?  My guess is Heineken.  Green bottle about the right shape.  
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
    How many times have any of you watched someone riding a bike, and also pulling a 2nd bike with them?
    i just saw a guy today doing that.. And I've seen that a few other times in my life too...  

Makes me wonder...
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,466 Admiral
    Nitzey said:
    Well, I certainly hope that the thief will end up behind bars, but let's see.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of crime out there and although this was not small time crime, since he entered our premises, the police probably have lots to deal with.
    Yep, I have had at least 10 bicycles stolen, two motorcycles, two cars, and a brand new motorhome. Only got one car back the next day
     It was totaled. That's the tip of the iceberg. Just move on.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,791 AG
    AC Man said:
    Nitzey said:
    Yep, I have had at least 10 bicycles stolen, two motorcycles, two cars, and a brand new motorhome. Only got one car back the next day
       Do you have drug dealers on every corner around there?
    Somebody needs a support Doberman, or 4.

• NoeetticaNoeettica Posts: 2,300 Captain
    St.Pete = Cesspool I rest my case ...
    want to know about my Gheenoes Go Here

http://www.noeettica.com/
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,466 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    AC Man said:
    Nitzey said:
       Do you have drug dealers on every corner around there?
    Somebody needs a support Doberman, or 4.

All of these thefts were in Ft. Lauderdale while growing up with my family in the 70's

Only my two motorcycles were stolen from our house. Teenage delinquents. Oh, and the motor on our 17 Mako. Forgot that one.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,867 AG
    Noeettica said:
    Ya its pretty terrible, boring, lame city. Best to stay away
    We moved from Pensacola to St Pete just over a year ago, and we like it here.  We have by now lived in a lot of places, north, south and in between.  Each place we lived had it's attributes, but also it's detractables.  The least crime area we ever lived in was an island near Savannah, GA (Skidaway Island). If someone discarded a potato chip bag along a street, within 15 minutes it would be picked up and be gone.  But there were places in Savannah that the police called the DMZ (demilitarized zone).  The police hated to go there; too dangerous.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    rock_fish said:
    Noeettica said:
    I know people who live there and love it. You must live in bad areas.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,926 AG
    St Pete is booming.  One of my favorite breweries is there, 3 Daughters. 

Captain Todd Approves

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,867 AG
    rock_fish said:
    Noeettica said:
    Bless your little heart.

@mplspug I like how I can walk to 5 or 6 or more breweries and a distillery withing a few block radius, then catch a Rays game or a concert without driving anywhere. 3D is a fun brewery
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    rock_fish said:
    rock_fish said:
    Noeettica said:
    Bless your little heart.

@mplspug I like how I can walk to 5 or 6 or more breweries and a distillery withing a few block radius, then catch a Rays game or a concert without driving anywhere. 3D is a fun brewery
    Thanks.