IRL Blues

Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 70 Greenhorn
went out Thursday and Saturday. Both days were slow with bait action. Still was able to make some things happen but definitely had to work for it. Blue fish were biting catching more and more of them lately. Trout were still biting just had to cover a lot of water to find active fish. All were great sizes though. Thursday found over 12 fish and yesterday we caught 8. Still a good day seemed like the front slowed the bait action up. Popping corks tipped with DOA Shrimp and throwing bass assasins we’re working great. 

Replies

• riverdiverriverdiver Posts: 2,024 Captain
    Very nice. Did you say the shrimp were Bass Assassin?
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 552 Officer
    Is that your blood?
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    @AaronCannon no sir. Blues are pretty bloody fish to begin with. especially when hooked through the gills lol. He made good dip though😜. @riverdiver I don’t know what your asking bud, But I was throwing popping corks tipped with DOA shrimp, and throwing Bass Assasins paddle tails  

the fishing has been great this winter and I only see it getting better! See y’all out there. 
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 552 Officer
    They're bloody, and toothy.
    Good to hear.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 150 Deckhand
    I was fishing that same area on Saturday and got 2 fat pompano and saw a bunch more running around the flat. 
    Yea man they’re there . I’ve taken some nice ones home. They’re good eating! and fun to catch on light tackle.

Mike
  • HooknCooksHooknCooks OrlandoPosts: 83 Greenhorn
    I was fishing that same area on Saturday and got 2 fat pompano and saw a bunch more running around the flat. 
    Where did you see those 2 fatties?  Been chasing them all winter, still haven't found any.  Ugggh.
  • mookstermookster StuartPosts: 7 Greenhorn
    Where is this spot?
    Thanks
     @mookster I’m not much on giving spots on a public forum buddy, but will always give pointers on how to hook up! Google maps is your friend man. Find structure, moving water and bait and you’ll find some fish. Gotta get out and learn an area. I love going at low tides. You can see the flat better and get an idea of what your bottom is. Drop offs on areas that are shoaled up can hold some nice fish when there’s moving current pushing on them. They’ll sit on the bottoms of the “bowls” in the dark and wait for bait to come by.  done really well at high tides too but fishing these coves and flats at low tides seem to keep them congregated. And your not chicken winging and taking on water wadding in high tide lol anyways pm if you have some questions I can shoot you some well known public spots that everyone knows. Good luck with it!

-Mike

[email protected]