The Silence is Deafening

13»

Replies

• brianbbrianb Posts: 2,299 Captain
    LOL, not totally sure how I'm the negative one here, not that I care, BUT please recall that the subject of this thread "the silence is deafening" is the fact that there are few reports here. I think everyone agrees that this forum is not what it was. I must be negative bc I agreed with this, provided facts of why this forum is going downhill, and gave actually great advice on where to get reports.  I didn't just go off on some tangent about how this forum stinks on some dudes wonderful catch report. OP's post is literally "I can't believe there are so few reports..."  I know like four wahoo that were caught out of BBI yesterday...I know that from NOT wasting my time on this forum. It's factually more informative for you all to get your information on SM and also the hull truth dot com then this place. 
  • JaxJax Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Funny how brianb hates this forum, but he still checks it everyday. If you don’t like it, don’t read it and don’t post your comments. We’ll be fine without you. 
  • flknifemakerflknifemaker Posts: 127 Deckhand
    Yea Brian B you’re so negative, unbelievable!

jk
  • justintimejustintime Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    My 2 cents:
    im just here to report about what, where and when I caught fish. Works for me. I only give my opinions when they are asked for and I  expect someone to complain occasionally but I don’t responded back. This forum was great in 06’. (I still have magazines from the late 80’s) The format change and disrupted things and life changes for us all (I moved away for 7 years) yet here we are, still sharing advice and information. This forum is still a valuable tool. If strange, anonymous people on a keyboard somewhere don’t agree with you.... so what? Stick to what your doing, keep catching fish and having a good time 
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 360 Deckhand
    My original post wasn't intended to start an argument, but rather to question why people weren't using the forum when I know for a fact they are going out.  Whether you catch or don't, it helps others to post.  As for using SM, I've followed FB and Instagram for around 50 charter boats, and I have not seen any good posts in the last 2-3 days despite good weather, although one boat in the middle keys did catch 3 sails two days ago.  I will say fishing off Miami has been dismal lately.  This coming from charter boats and the one commercial guy left here.
13»