Stingwray 01/08/19 PC Bottom trip

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 739 Officer
Our last trip on the gulf was right before  Hurricane Michael. I have being wanting to go fishing, but due to the storm our vessel is in need of some repairs. A friend  graciously offered me his vessel if I would take he and some of his buddies fishing; I jumped at the chance to be back out there.  Didn’t meet up at dock till around 9:00am. The first stop was the fuel dock where we topped off tanks and headed toward the pass. The gulf was blanketed with a thick cover of fog which never cleared till about noon. With the current closed season gag,red snap, Aj’s and triggers it only left us with boxing red grouper, white snap and b-liners. Everywhere we fished we couldn’t keep the red snaps and gags off the hooks. Finally got a few keepers in the box and headed to the hill. Another great day on the water with friends. 

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,722 Captain
    I heard your boat took a hit.  How bad & how long before the repairs are completed?  I know you were glad for a day on the water!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,803 Captain
    Sorry to hear about the damage, glad y’all got out and found a mess
    You should have been here yesterday
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 739 Officer
    Klinger
    Just paid my almost $5,000.00 savage fee this week. So I do own my vessel again. As for my vessel repairs not sure how long it will take. But my plan is too continue to captain a few other vessel so I  can still fish, until the ole Stingwray is water ready. My target date is June 01 2019. 
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 739 Officer
    Seas are looking good this week on Thursday. B-liners beware I am coming after you. 

btw what I found is since  Hurricane Michael the bottom fishing as you know it has changed. IMO
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,167 Officer
    Those are some good catches, Sting.  Glad you got to go out there.  I bet it was nice to finally be back on the water.  Hate to hear the news about your boat damage.  Hopefully you can get it repaired ASAP.

Tight lines...…...

Livin' the Dream !