Home Off Topic

Going Down On One Knee Paid Off

2»

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,717 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Can someone tell me when Tebow took a knee when he was in the NFL?  I've heard about it all these years, but why was it a big deal?
    It wasn't a big deal.  For some reason Tebow has a cult following (by people who love him and also by people who hate him).  I never understood the media attention he got.  But there is a long list of celebrities that the media is obsessed with that I don't understand.    

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    mplspug said:
    Can someone tell me when Tebow took a knee when he was in the NFL?  I've heard about it all these years, but why was it a big deal?
    It wasn't a big deal.  For some reason Tebow has a cult following (by people who love him and also by people who hate him).  I never understood the media attention he got.  But there is a long list of celebrities that the media is obsessed with that I don't understand.    
    He got media attention because he was one of the best college qbs of all time. And he was an anomaly because he was crazy religious, but still was loved in the locker room by all of his teammates. Won 2 national championships, 3 sec championships. Great sec analyst and still has a shot in baseball. Super good guy that spends his off time in  third world countries building schools and hospitals. That’s why
    You should have been here yesterday
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    I don't get the Tebow obsession.  He was an absolute awful professional but still gets talked about as though he is important.  
    No one said he was a great professional. Why can’t  he just be a great college qb and a great guy. Hes good on ESPN also. Everyone around him, loves him. During his spring break in college, he built schools and hospitals in third world contries. What were you doing spring break senior year? And he has succeeded at life better than both of us keller, and more important. No reason to hate. But thanks, this was a thread about Tebow getting married and you came on to tell us you didn’t understand the obsession and say he was an awful pro. Thanks for the contribution 
    Wanted to make sure you saw this keller
    You should have been here yesterday
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,762 AG
    Not a gaytor fan at all, but I have mad respect for Mr. Tebow.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,151 Admiral
    He's very religious. People of faith made him popular because of it. People who prefer to laugh at him because of it made him popular as well. Win win

He's an excellent athlete and very marketable
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,506 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    mplspug said:
    He got media attention because he was one of the best college qbs of all time. And he was an anomaly because he was crazy religious, but still was loved in the locker room by all of his teammates. Won 2 national championships, 3 sec championships. Great sec analyst and still has a shot in baseball. Super good guy that spends his off time in  third world countries building schools and hospitals. That’s why
    I think he's also a pretty good commentator.
    He did think Alabama was going to win the championship but so did a lot of people.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.