Home General Paddle Craft

Sailfish Tournament this weekend

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
Good luck to any forum members and all anglers competing in the Extreme Kayak Fishing Sailfish Tournament this weekend.
https://www.extremekayakfishingtournament.org/sailfish-schedule.html

Not gonna sugar coat it, Saturday's forecast looks rough according to Windfinder.com.

If y'all go, take pics and share with the group!
Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,982 Captain
    Thanks, Was not looking forward to getting beat up on Saturday, thankfully it was cancelled.  And for anyone that wants a crack at a trophy for catching a sailfish, late fee has been waived and Sunday looks beautiful !  

Thank you to everyone that made it out to the Sailfish Smackdown Kick-off Party last night!

After receiving the latest weather updates, it has been decided that today January 12th is too dangerous and unsafe to head offshore, not only for kayakers but for the help boats as well. However, tomorrow (Sunday) January 13th will be an amazing day of Sail fishing. We are extending day two of competition by an hour so lines out will be at 3pm Sunday. Also, registration will be open today (via the website www.extremekayakfishing.com) and on the beach Sunday morning south of the Pompano Beach pier. Late registration fee has bee waived due to the circumstances.

Safety is EKFT's #1 priority and we appreciate everyones understanding.

Everyone is welcome to come out and join us for the Sailfish Smackdown Awards Party at the Beach House in Pompano Beach tomorrow January 13th from 5pm-7pm. Free drink ticket per attendee, free light appetizers, and Papa's Pilar will be there giving out free drinks! Come out and celebrate the winners of the Sailfish Smackdown!
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    I understand that Sunday worked out well enough and we have a new champ on the board.
    Congrats to Robwil Valderrey on winning the EKFT Sailfish tournament!
    I don't have much details, but I heard it through Facebook. I'm sure John has more details to share than I can (since I wasn't there).
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!