Home Off Topic

Moving out

2»

Replies

• Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,928 Admiral
    Indiantown is fairly close to Stuart, WPB, Lake Okeechobee, The Keys and lots of hunting.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer

If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,132 Captain
    edited January 2019 #34
    I don’t know about margaritas, but I watched a little 8 point eat a can of spaghetti O’s one time. 🙂

The FWC is very, very protective of the Key Deer, and rightfully so. The local cops are too. Heck, they might disqualify you from working there just because of that comment. :)
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,767 AG
    I keep hearing frostproof is the place you oughta be, no hills, no movie stars, couple of swimming pools.
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,408 Captain
    Okeechobee-plenty of land that you desire
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,085 Admiral
    Dump the Girlfriend , Move to Miami and join the Marine Patrol.
    Hot Spanish Gals in riding around in boats wearing not much of anything, and plenty of Violation cases to make..
    Don't get married until your at lease 30 and have tasted the Flavors of the Caribbean.
    You'll have years and years of raising a cow or two and taking little Matt to softball.
    Young guy needs to spread his wings first....just sayin...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    edited January 2019 #38
    How old are the kids? School system is important.
    I dont have kids, im 22 and not even engaged yet.
    Move to Key West for a few years
    Nevermind.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,440 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #39
    My dad told me I could live at home as long as I wanted to as long as I put 50% of my pay into a savings account starting at 18 . I worked for him.

Trust me. I was the lowest paid employee. 

I did so and saved enough to buy a modest house in Ft. Lauderdale and rented it out till I saved enough to add a garage and appartment.

Moved in when I got married and the rent from the apartment paid my mortgage just like it did before I moved in. 

The profit when I sold bought me a nicer house on the water in Pompano Beach.

The profit on that house bought me a new house in Ocala. I have never had a house payment and never was a renter like all my friends 

My youngest did the same thing. Your dad is smart. Once you move out and rent you are DONE! Unless you become a high dollar income profession.

Sock all your money away while you live at home and you'll never look back.

I agree the best place to live for the money is the Chiefland, Old Town area.

My Parents had a cabin in Old Town near the Suwannee river.  The best times of my life. Hunting, fishing, riding dirt bikes,  cheap. Near the great gulf spots for fishing. Check it out. I have been all over the state and you can't beat it for your interests. 

The only thing I regret is my dad didn't talk me out of being a A/C Refrigeration contractor. You burn out or die young in that profession LOL. 
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,962 Captain
    Suck every penny out of your baby boomer parents....its like reinvesting in the economy.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Nothing wrong with having a dream and great planning can be the deal maker. The ability to save and wait till you can afford something is much better than buying and adding tons of interest debt. Nothing against the horse but they can be expensive to own... FWC used to send new hires away from their current stomping grounds to season them. I wish you great success! 
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    cadman said:
    Isn't five acres kind of small for both a horse and a cow? With a house and a yard sectioned off, you have maybe 4 acres of pasture. 
    I would think 8 to 10 acres

40 acres and a mule. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Alright yall, when its time for me to move out, I want to moveout to a small town in Florida where I can hunt and still not be to far from saltwater. I want to live on 5 acres or more out in the woods. So that way my girl can have her horse and cow, and I can have my feeder and stand setup away from them. I am looking for cheaper land because Ill be just starting out. It all depends on where I get stationed because I want to be an FWC officer and I have no idea as to where they will drop me. Do yall have any suggestions on where to go or am I day drinking er um day dreaming?
    Another thing, the nw has great bottom fishing. And trust me, fwc enforcement officers have the best numbers  ;)
    You should have been here yesterday
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,665 Admiral
    There's a bunch of game wardens there too in the NW Carrabelle area.

They love to write tickets too.  I had one write me a $5 ticket for not having my fishing licence on me.

They might of felt sorry for me to only charge 5 bucks.  We had a residence there but had to buy out of state licence.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    stc1993 said:

They love to write tickets too.  I had one write me a $5 ticket for not having my fishing licence on me.

They might of felt sorry for me to only charge 5 bucks.  We had a residence there but had to buy out of state licence.
    Now there is an app ( fwc and ga has one). That allows you to keep a copy of your license on your phone. The only thin you can’t put on it is the duck stamp.
    You should have been here yesterday
    edited January 2019 #46
    stc1993 said:

Now there is an app ( fwc and ga has one). That allows you to keep a copy of your license on your phone. The only thin you can’t put on it is the duck stamp.
    Yup, used mine in GA twice this deer season. One by a GW who happened to be st the processor when I a dropping off a deer, once when I was leaving the lease property. First time I’ve been checked hunting in over 20 years in GA. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,085 Admiral
    What is a  gypgvbhen .? Is that the name of your Lease ?
    I heard it before on that 3rd rock from the Sun tv show....

Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    micci_man said:
    Don't buy anything until after you get the FWC job. They will send you where they want when you first get hired. You don't get to pick where you go at first.

Actually you get to pick three counties during the hiring process and if your offered a job they will let you know which county your being offered a job for. They try, but do not guarantee you will get what you pick, though you can request to move after one full year on your own. 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,750 AG

Keys sound good? with your new salary you can afford a 1957 singlewide RIGHT next to US1 on a 25'x50' lot..

All the dust you can eat and room for your pet land crab
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    What is a  gypgvbhen .? Is that the name of your Lease ?
    I heard it before on that 3rd rock from the Sun tv show....

no clue. It was supposed to be when. I have no idea where autocorrect came up with that.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,873 Captain
    GA Fin said:
    Already asked you about that and never got a reply. Not interested in selling I presume....
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 410 Deckhand
    West ft Pierce 

Oak hill
    mimms

or ask ttt
    to break off 5/10 acres from his ranch

you be golden

good luck young man

Ron
    Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com