Home Off Topic

Any Probate Lawyers on here willing to answer a few questions?

FlashFlash Posts: 11,232 AG
Can do so via PM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 970 Officer
    Not a lawyer, but some experience.  And from my experience, if something isn't going the direction of the probate case, hire a lawyer and get the courts involved if needed.  What folks want  vs. what was intended can be a pain in the ****.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,928 Admiral
    Try to find one that's not all about "the billable hours"

Good luck!
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,791 AG
    I see a problem in my future that madbeach just outlined. I’m trying hard to get some clarification in writing but haven’t been successful yet. It’s looking messy already. I feel like telling them to get a different executor.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,962 Captain
    Hiring a probate lawyer means, Past Tense of the law.  so some one is getting screwed.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,232 AG
    I think we are good. Wife's mom has her last will and a revocable trust written up.  Wifes brother and his wife seem to have nothing for his wife's mom who recently passed away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 970 Officer
    MACD said:
    Hiring a probate lawyer means, Past Tense of the law.  so some one is getting screwed.

Hiring a probate lawyer will protect the beneficiary.  If there is a dispute amoungst the beneficiaries, then petitioning the court for a sit-down with the probate judge assigned can help move the case along.  At least he/she and the beneficiaries know where they stand in the case and what is expected out of the executor(s).  Things can get muddy without order.